LED Daytime running lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyGirl111

Reaction score
Is there any way to get into the programming module to set the LEDs to DRLs on LT models? Given they share the same equipment, its got to be a setting that just needs to be flipped somewhere in the programming module.
Did you ever figure this out?

steve kallam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I assume this is Chevy's way of promoting the upscale LTZ version. You have to pay more for the modern look.....they suck! You can turn your dial to Parking and the LED's alone come on but of course you lose the auto on/off headlight feature.

Nichole Caten

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't get it. Is this different between '15 and '16? My '16 LT turns on the LED strip for DRLs. I thought that was "normal"?

Kpwweb- I have a 2016 LT as well and my LED's are NOT my daytime running lights, it only comes on at night when my actual headlights turn on. Do you know why ours are different?

t-pole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the harness. Pretty straight forward, hardest part was getting the plug off of the LED strip.

Now, the LED'S are always on when the truck is on, even if I turn the headlight switch to the off position. If I try and turn on the parking lights, the headlights come on. But, I wss aware of that before installing.

So, this harness works as advertised, headlights are off during daylight driving, and just the running lights are on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bourgeois

Reaction score
Good to hear. How bright are the leds during the day? I was told the led strip on the LTZ are brighter because the headlights are different.

t-pole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, not as bright.
Turn on your parking lights during the day to get an idea. I'd say about half as bright as the LTZ.

My thought was that if someone doesn't see a truck as big as this because the drls aren't that bright, they deserve to get t-*****

t-pole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just dropped the truck off at the dealer for an oil change and a few other things. Noticed that half of the passenger drl LED'S are out. I told them about it, then thought about the harness I have on for the DRL strips. I'll see what they say about it in the morning I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts