LED Daytime running lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 16' Z71 Suburban. The LED's are only on when parked, parking lights manually turned on and/or the auto headlights. During daylight, the LED's turn off and the headlights come on....... I want the LED's on during daylight. I ordered the below harness today and going to try it:

http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Suburban/Suburban-LED-DRL-Harness/
Wow please let me know if that works. I guess the important question is if it bumps up the brightness. I've noticed that the LTZ's DRL is brighter when they're on by themselves than the LT's "Parking light" DRL.

Let us know how the install goes and maybe a photo.

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are SO bright on the LTZ too. What a letdown.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
They are SO bright on the LTZ too. What a letdown.

No, the brightness is exactly the same. If you really want them on during the day, the simple workaround is to turn your fog lights on. The LEDs come on with them.

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the brightness is exactly the same. If you really want them on during the day, the simple workaround is to turn your fog lights on. The LEDs come on with them.

I don't have fogs. Also, i could have sworn that the brightness on the LTZ DRL led strips were brighter than the 'parking brake' LT ones. Are there any side by sides?

keane1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have fogs. Also, i could have sworn that the brightness on the LTZ DRL led strips were brighter than the 'parking brake' LT ones. Are there any side by sides?

No, they are not the same! The LED DRL'S on the LTZ are twice or three times as bright as the running lights on the LT. Not even close.

Cade lennon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can check out this harness:

http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Tahoe/Tahoe-LED-DRL-Harness/

LED power will be the same power as nighttime power and will not have the brighter LED, that the LTZ has, due to the fact that the LTZ headlights are actually different. Nightime function will remain the same, you just gain the added look of the LED's during the day. There is no programming needed and install is very simple.

Broham

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts