LED bulbs without hacking wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there LED bulbs that work properly, without hacking up the wiring harnesses ?
DTR lights.
Brake lights,
etc,

The regular bulbs, especially the Sylvania's just don't last.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not need to hack my lighting wiring harness to install LEDs throughout the outside and inside of my truck, and I used LEDs sold by JDM Astar.

I do have hyperflash with these LEDs, as I chose not to install resistors to eliminate the hyperflash.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont knwo what you mean by hacking up the wiring but pretty much all LEDs install just fine and require nothing, other then a load resistor to be spliced in to stop the hyper flash

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the entire tail light assemblies on my Suburban and Sierra. Load resistors included, so I don't have hyperflash.

Honestly don't care about the DRLs. I did install LED bulbs in the Suburban for the DRLs, and, of course, only one works. :banghead: It's such a PITA to get to them, I'm not going to worry about it.

Tried LED headlights on the Sierra, they started flickering after about six months. I've got HIDs in both trucks.

Have not replaced the front turn signals. I detest hyperflash, and would rather keep the incandescents than have hyperflash.

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed a front marker light. Took an hour. The other side did a DTR light.. So both sides had to come apart.. If I wasn't stuck home due to Covid-19, I would have never changed them....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have led tail lights they came with resistors, the front marker lights I put in led's and got hyperflash I ordered a set these plug-n-play resistors from china, one had a short in the bulb socket and the bulb would flicker so they sent a replacement out it just came in the other day so i haven't had a chance to try them yet, I did run them on a benchtop power supply for a good while since the lights on the yukon are always on and then flash for the blinker, these got to be around 150-165 deg's (on the outside of the plastic) the plastic didn't melt there is a little bit of epoxy on the inside with the resistor, so if I let them just dangle they shouldn't melt anything. I will report back after it stops raining here and I get a chance to plug them in and try them.

RESS.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So AFTER some screwing around I discovered if both plug-n-play resistors are installed everything works just fine, however the sockets do not fit, I ordered some different ones so well see what happens.

IMG_20200406_123541.jpg IMG_20200406_123558.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I'm leaving it oem, and just deal with the 1 hour task of pulling 1/2 the bumper for a bulb change. Sometimes aftermarket shiiit... is just shiiiit..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989