LED bar windshield mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 52" mounted on my Tahoe and I get major wind noise. I think it comes from the light bar itself more than the mounts. I've played around with the positioning of the bar and at different angles its not so bad but still there. I also get wind noise coming from the doors where the mounts sit. If I can figure out how to get rid of that, I'm good with the noise from the light bar. Here's a pic of mine, think I need to lower the brackets like a half inch or so.

Wind noise is inevitable with a big old light bar on the roof.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Wind noise is inevitable with a big old light bar on the roof.

Yeah, wind noise varies with the light bar at different angles. I've been playing around with a bit. With the light angled downward, you get a real nice high pitch whistle and high speeds (60+ mph). With it angled upward at the same speeds, you lose the whistle and just get regular wind noise similar to that when you have the windows down. You get used to it after a while.

OH, and I had some work done on the both doors on the passenger side recently before the light bar went up. That's where the wind noise was coming from at the doors. They had to realign the doors and now it's gone, from the doors at least.

OP
OP
B

bikerglasses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still happy with the light bar? no problems? is that a ebay or amazon light bar?

sdgros01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the gg mounts I messaged him as well as email him through his site and haven't heard back from him about how their mounts hold up compared to the other competitors that have a different drill and tap solution in terms or stability and durability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the gg mounts, never seen em mounted but the only stock screw up there by the window is one torx screw. I had to use self tappers for the rest. Mine had 5 holes on each one so I lined the first hole up with the torx and just worked my way down. They're pretty solid and aren't coming off easy.

tobysan90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the gg mounts I messaged him as well as email him through his site and haven't heard back from him about how their mounts hold up compared to the other competitors that have a different drill and tap solution in terms or stability and durability

I just installed mt GG lighting mounts on my suburban, really easy and nice setup. I never emailed them but did call and talk to them and ordered them after that, now to fix the noise of the heat fins moving with the wind like a tuning fork id be happy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62

Latest posts