Leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maniacmurray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try picking up a bottle of Clorox Cleanup Gel!!! It does work, not only on leather, but also on the doors, trim, dash, etc... I would not use it on cloth, only vinyl or leather or hard surfaces. It will not fade, dull or Bleach the leather or vinyl. Just put some on a slightly damp rag and wipe away. I always detail my vehicles with it and it looks like new when I'm done. Even my '03 Tahoe I just got was dirty as hell and when I got finished it all looked like it had just been professionally cleaned. Plus it helps take care of bacteria that may have been layed around by people frequenting your ride!!! I wouldn't suggest it if it didn't work and it wasn't safe!!!

TXTech11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
zaino leather in a bottle ftw. I have tried pb leather stuff, lexol, leatherique, and most otc stuff and the zaino seems to work the best for me. Really softens up the leather, and a little plus is that it smells exactly like leather.

Zaino, hands down.

I owned one of my vehicles for a year and a half.

And kept the seats cleaned and conditioned with Zaino.

The dealer even asked me how my car still smelled brand new.

ndavis0001

Davis Motorsports
Reaction score
No im not. People on z71ts did it and the difference is amazing. Let me get you some pics....
http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=21641&st=0&start=0

oh my god please dont follow in these footsteps... it might look good AT FIRST, but thats an a degreaser... holy $hit what some people will do.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

oh, for off the shelf products... zymol and zaino are great...

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that it sounds weird, but when I had a tahoe with light tan seats. I used a bar of ivory soap, water, and a brush. Lather you brush and Scrub them real good, wipe them with a clean damp towel. Then go back over them with Meguiars cleaner/conditioner. Try it, I promise you'll be surprised with the result.

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1Z einszett Leather Care
Stuff works quite well. I use it on my Lazy Boy too and briefly on some of my leather shoes (have something better for the shoes now, probably would be good in the car, but would cost a small fortune to it).

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I never cleaned the leather in my Hoe yet but This is what i used to do when i had my Cadillac. I would wip the leather down with a damp chamois and to condition it skin moisturizer. Apply it really softends the leather and doesn't leave that greasy feel to it like some conditioners. My Tan interior in my 95 STS looked like new up untill i Sold it last Oct.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
i just bought two bottles from leatherique!! (they have a sale right now)

I'll take before/after photos of the hoe and '89 mustang...expensive stuff, but i've seen photos and it really looks like good stuff.

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
I use lexol cleaner with a brush, dry, and apply 303 aerospace protectant to minimize sunlight damage and cracking. I have tried leatherique, but the coating on our seats and the fact that half the seat is vinyl means that it is not very effective. There is no point in conditioning, since the seats are coated. The only way to achieve a soft finish is to wear it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog