Leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
The Lexol Brand cleaner and conditioner is what is suggested by many exotic motor car builders. I have used it on many vehicles and it leaves the interior very soft and great smelling. I don't know who would suggest simple green, that will ********* the leather and dry it out from the inside.. put it on your own skin and see what it feels like!!! Leather if it is real is just like skin, and just needs to be cleaned and conditioned, not degreased

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zaino leather in a bottle ftw. I have tried pb leather stuff, lexol, leatherique, and most otc stuff and the zaino seems to work the best for me. Really softens up the leather, and a little plus is that it smells exactly like leather.

3blackchevys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My most recent try was turtle wax ice interior..not bad, very strong smell which seems to last for a long time

Chris@glimmerglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yikes, I personally would not use simple green. If the leather is coated, it *may* be ok, but if the leather is exposed, you'd run the risk of removing the dye/color from the leather. I'd just be real careful w/ it, and dilute it ... a lot :)

That said, I love my leatherique! Easy to use, being a spray and very safe and effective. PB Leather Stuff is a nice one step. Used it on a lot of details. I have zero complaints about it.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it better to use a cleaner and a conditioner separate or is there an all in one that's good?

ilmk123

Reaction score
I use a mixture of woolite and water in a spray bottle. Mix it 1:8. Then I use a Mr.clean magic eraser and keep it wet and scrub lightly. It does a very good job on cleaning the seats and keeping them soft. I have heard good things about that zaino that Chris talked about. It is on my list to try........scott

Rob @ GGD

Reaction score
The one great thing about the Leatherique is that there is virtually no scrubbing (therefore damage) required (unless of course your leather is stained or you work on a job site that leaves mud/dirt/grime all over your seats) The two step process is a spray on, allow soak, then remove followed by the conditioner/sealer. If you know the history, this product is used by 90% of the automotive historic/investment owners the world over.

A lot of these other products mentioned and the process in which you use them is very harsh to the leather.

PB's is a great all in one cleaner and protector. You can use a very soft microfiber applicator pad or towel to clean and seal the leather. It is my go to for leather cleaning and protection however; I would also recommend the Lexol Twins and the Optimum Products are top shelf as well.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I've used simple green just to clean the leather before applying a very light coat of Armor All to condition it. (I wipe the excess so I don't slide around in the seat. I made that mistake once, lol.)

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Fiebings saddle soap in the past, on the heavier stains.....but then someone on here said to stay away from it so I'm in the middle of choosing a new product. But as for a conditioner I use the zymol leather care, works great imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts