Leather interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07warwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering redoing my leather seats to a leather/suede combo, and was wondering in you guys would be interested in doing a group buy. I live in OC, CA and know the owners of a very well known interior shop and if I can get atleast 10 people on board we can get a great price on the job.

OP
OP
07warwagon

07warwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get it done for $1000 if we can get about 10 people to jump on this

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Leather interiors are not well suited to a "group buy" because everyone wants something different. Group buys are great when everyone is buying the exact same thing. If you want suede inserts and I want perf leather inserts and we both choose different wrap colors and stitching and you have 4 captains chairs while I have a 40/20/40 front and 60/40 split second row, what we have is two guys buying leather interiors at about the same time.

The advantage to a group buy for the seller is that if he has to manufacturer something he can know before hand how much he's going to sell so he can give the buyers a lower price than he could if he didn't know and had to assume more risk with his inventory or manufacturing process. This in no way characterizes leather kits. Every Katzkin kit is a one off, unless you're going to buy 50 interiors that are all identical in every way.

I have seen two "group buys" of Katzkin interiors on other GM truck forums go very, very badly. Also, $1000 is about market price for three rows and no fancy options.

-B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts