Laws for Customizing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NH has had 'level stance' vehicle requirements for over a half a century. Raise it or lower it as you please, but after the mod project, the car/truck needs to sit level.

Back in the day, I installed rear leaf spring shackles to raise the rear of my '63 Ford Falcon for a reasonable front to back rake. At my next annual inspection, I was forced to reposition the rear leaf spring attachment bolt to a position to level the car, AND I had to cut the bottom of the shackles off, so that I could not re-position them after the inspection was complete.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think there ought to be a law for bad taste or making your car ugly. The driver, Newcomb, was only charged with reckless driving, not manslaughter. A friend of mine went to jail for manslaughter in Texas because of a car accident in which the other person died and he was not drunk or under the influence.

Anytime some kind of wrong is publicized come the cries of, "There outta be a law!"

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think there ought to be a law for bad taste or making your car ugly. The driver, Newcomb, was only charged with reckless driving, not manslaughter. A friend of mine went to jail for manslaughter in Texas because of a car accident in which the other person died and he was not drunk or under the influence.

Anytime some kind of wrong is publicized come the cries of, "There outta be a law!"

I agree.

I think squatting should be outlawed (and enforced) not because of opinions of how it looks, but because of the safety hazards: Useless headlights, negatively altered weight bias and steering, reduced visibility due to facing upwards and having to look over the hood, NO visibility due to the driver craning their neck to make sure everyone around them is looking at them...