Keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ferr1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I bought my Tahoe and it only came with one keyless remote, but it didn't work. I replaced the battery, tried the relearn procedure a couple of times and nothing. Then I got another remote off of e-bay for Christmas, did the relearn on it and just for fun tried the old remote. What happens? The stupid thing worked! Same relearn as I did the months before, but for some reason after I tried the new remote the old started to work too.:insane:

Don't know why it worked for me, here's hoping you get lucky and yours starts working too for no reason!

- Ferris

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a quick question here.. i have an 02 tahoe, and the keyless entry does not work.. i replaced the battery in the remote, i tried to reprogram it, the hold the lock button cycle the key all that. the truck goes into its program mode but i sit there hold the the buttons on the remote for 2 minutes and nothing so i gave up after a couple tries.. can this function be turned off and on with a tech 2 maybe the people before me didnt like it, they did have an after market start cut off set up on it and i remove that and wired everything back up and hoped that that would fix it but it did not.. just curious if its an on off feature with a tech 2 or not

thanks

Is it an after market fob? Has it ever worked with your truck? I bought an after market fob and was told to make sure the GM/UTA and FCC ID #'s were correct for my truck. You can find out those #'s at the dealership.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
mine stopped working too so i manned up and just got code alarm installed...security/car starter/keyless entry= god

OP
OP
J

jutte73

Reaction score
well is i finally broke down and went to the dealership i used to work for and borrowed one to the tech2's and checked just to make sure there wasnt anything wrong with the bcm and tried to program the fob that way and still no luck. so i went and talked to my friend that is now the parts manager there and found out that the fob wasnt even the right part number, the dealership that previous owner bought it from gave them the wrong fob. so i just bought the right on for $35 below cost (its nice knowing people) programed it and all is well now! got it all done before the ice storm witch was nice saved the hassle of frozen lock cylinders lol..

phillistine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have tried all of the above and have two functioning fobs and still no luck on the 01 tahoe i just bought for my kid. previous owner said it quit working and he didn't care so he just used the key in the door old school style. I know the location of the RCDLR in the dash and am wonering if anyone has had any luck replacing it themselves or is this one of those things best left to the dealer?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman