Key FOBs not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dukenukemx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought new FOBs around 5 months ago and they worked fine until recently. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, and now they never do work. Put new batteries in them, and even disconnected the battery to the Tahoe to see if that would fix the issue. Anyone have an idea what's wrong? I have a 07 Tahoe with 201,000 miles.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

I don't have an answer to your question, but folks here with more knowledge in this area will chime in with their suggestions and perspectives.

Have you made any recent modifications to your truck, or have you experienced any other recent issues that could possibly be related to this issue, even they seem far-fetched?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could of had a weak battery from the get go. those fobs sit around with batteries in them for a while until they are purchased. you may need to reprogram them to the truck. also mind giving some more information on the fobs you purchased? new oem, new autoparts store aftermarket, or something you found on ebay.

OP
OP
Dukenukemx

Dukenukemx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could of had a weak battery from the get go. those fobs sit around with batteries in them for a while until they are purchased. you may need to reprogram them to the truck. also mind giving some more information on the fobs you purchased? new oem, new autoparts store aftermarket, or something you found on ebay.
I bought them off Ebay 5 months ago and they've worked fine since. I changed the batteries as well with no difference. I'll try to reprogram them to the truck but that would be strange.

Have you made any recent modifications to your truck, or have you experienced any other recent issues that could possibly be related to this issue, even they seem far-fetched?
No modifications but I've done repairs. The last repair was in the liftgate where I changed the handle button that opens it up.

OP
OP
Dukenukemx

Dukenukemx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I tried to reprogram it and now it works. I swear I feel it'll stop working again soon.

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
I have been having fob issues my self lately. But doubt they are related. My range was real bad had to be right up on the truck for it to work. I was having tpms issues also. I switched out my right side window switch but no good. I was getting ready to post on here for help. Then gave it one more shoot and washed all the mud off and under the truck and range was back to like 50 yards . I still need 2 tpms sensor that need replaced but will wait still I can spring for a whole set.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought 2 new fobs to go along with my one working one. I had to reprogram all 3 at the same time or none would work.

Welcome to the forum from Oregon.
ya im not sure why it does that but its apparently a thing. drove a co worker nuts until he realized he had to program them all at once.