Key fob tied to memory seat

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Jdsolid1, May 12, 2018.

1. Jdsolid1

Jdsolid1 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    Im having problems with my memory seat on my 2015 Yukon Denali. So my driver 1, driver 2, and exit seat are all programmed and work when I press the appropriate button. The problem is I have to press the button every time I get in the car. Every other car I have had with this feature recognizes what key fob you have and when you press the push to start it would automatically change to your seat settings. I have checked all the settings in the radio and everything is set correctly.

Thanks

2. Tahoe14

Tahoe14 Full Access Member

Name:
    Gary
    If you look around on this site you will see where it has been discussed in length. That is the way the 2015+ works. It does not work like the 07-14 models. Not sure why they changed it. Some say it works but some say it doesn't. You may want to refer to the owners manual. Good luck.

Galante likes this.
  3. Dcmaynor

Dcmaynor Full Access Member

Name:
    Dana
    Vehicle settings I think is where mine was. I did remember to program the exit button to driver seat back and down, as well as steering column up and away.

4. Jdsolid1

Jdsolid1 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    The odd part of all of this is that my wifes key fob DOES move the seat when she presses the unlock button on the handle and mine DOES NOT.

5. MidnightRider

MidnightRider Member

Name:
    Mitch
    Sounds to me like your fob is not programmed as driver #2. There is a lot of info on this subject in the owners manual. I always have to make sure I beat my wife to the car when I drive.

swathdiver likes this.
  6. angelmom05

angelmom05 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Karen
    My problem is a little different. I bought my 2017 Tahoe used and it only had one key fob. The dealership programmed another one for me. Now if I change up it will recognize me as driver #3. I only have 2 keys! Can I purge the third one somehow?

7. Galante

Galante Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    I think you might have to delete all 3 then reprogram 1 & 2 but I believe a trip to the dealer is needed for programming unfortunately

Tahoe14, angelmom05 and swathdiver like this.
  8. thepiombino

thepiombino TYF Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Had same exact issue. Can confirm that this requires a trip to the dealer for them to wipe all key memory and re-program as #1 and #2