Key Fob 2016 Suburban is on it’s last leg...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 and was able to program a replacement FOB with only having the one FOB. So maybe after 2015 that change occurred??

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on e-bay, has key fobs and for another 20 bucks laser cut key from a photo of mine for me 2016 Cadillac, only had one key but programing new fob in owners Manuel btw push to start. My 2018 Tahoe owners Manuel has 10 pages from p 30-p 40 how to program all different scenarios 2 keys 1key push to start
take a look, doesn’t look like you need two programmed keys

Last edited:

JimBinAZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently I purchased a fob for my 20 Yukon XL Denali from https://oemcarkeymall.com/. It appears to be identical in appearance and function as the original. The GMC dealer charged $25 to cut the key. I watched a YouTube video and followed the programming instructions in the owner’s manual. It works perfectly.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Amazon fob with no issues. It definitely doesn’t have that oem feel but it gets the job done. Paid about $50 for the key/fob and $30 for a locksmith to cut the blank key that came with it. You also program the fob in your center console yourself you only need 1 key.

I never actually priced a dealer key before I did this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJNVB6...abc_QNC5DGPYNCP0K0Z5VCE5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Why can’t we just use the old key inside old fob? Is there a chip inside the cut key? Also I thought we can use the radio to program new fob using a sequence of settings like opening and closing driver door 3 times or something

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can’t we just use the old key inside old fob? Is there a chip inside the cut key? Also I thought we can use the radio to program new fob using a sequence of settings like opening and closing driver door 3 times or something
I suppose you can definitely use the original key. I only got a key cut because I was buying it as a spare. My truck only came with one key and fob. I also don’t remember the exact sequence, but I was absolutely able to program my key by myself without having two prior keys however, mine is a 2015 so I don’t know if the newer trucks changed.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I just threw out the key fobs I had for my 2016 Tahoe LT with remote start. I would have sent it to you. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645