Just tuned by blackbear!

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Venom, Oct 24, 2019.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Build It Better

Name:
    Mark
    No. Any respectable tuner doesn’t do this. There is a software controlled box that does allow changes to the throttle pedal response called Pedal Commander but that’s different than a tune. If you’ve ever had a custom tune done you would know there are performance gains as well as firmer, tighter shifting. It’s a big difference. Plus Blackbear retunes for life so if you change anything they do a new tune for free. Every time I did something like a cam, different trans, stall, supercharger, different size wheels, etc., they did a new tune for me.

2. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Full Access Member

Name:
    Ron

That's getting your money's worth.

Venom and Rocket Man like this.
  3. Venom

Venom Member

Name:
    Michael
    Yea I don’t think they do that, plus mine is cable and I’m not sure you can do that on a cable. They probably up the timing a little and change a few other things, tho I really don’t know much about tuning. I was getting like 12 to 11 mpg a couple months ago and that was before I did my plug, wires and went to a less wide tire. Next time I fill up I’ll do it again and see where I’m at

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  4. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate

The spark advance will be adjusted depending on what octane you had it tuned for. The biggest change is the TCM. The line pressures and shift points get moved. Even more so if you had him put a sport mode on the tow button. The torque management also gets reduced, typically. And maybe rev and top speed limits.

Joseph Garcia, HACK BLOCK and Venom like this.
  5. FreshLikeOprah

FreshLikeOprah Full Access Member

Name:
    Joe
    canned tunes are okay, and better than a programmer.

But honestly, the best bang is going to a shop or finding someone local who tunes. Every vehicle is different and respond differently to things.