Just tuned by blackbear!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Going to Idaho next spring with friends and getting a tune done. Exhaust is done and the Corvette servo soon. Since mine is an 02, could you share what you did to it, performance wise, before the tune and what you noticed after the tune.

OP
OP
Venom

Venom

Reaction score
Going to Idaho next spring with friends and getting a tune done. Exhaust is done and the Corvette servo soon. Since mine is an 02, could you share what you did to it, performance wise, before the tune and what you noticed after the tune.
Sorry for the late response didn’t see anyone had replied. I just have a cat back and intake for now, more to come. But I definitely noticed more lower end power and response. As soon I took it down the road I was really surprised with the better acceleration. obviously this isn’t gonna make the truck fast by no means but as for the tune I think it definitely woke it up. I did ship out my pcm and it took a week to get it back including shipping days which is really good .I can’t really say how I gained mpg wise yet. So overall I would definitely recommend.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Please keep me posted on the MPG and any other performance mods. What intake was installed?

OP
OP
Venom

Venom

Reaction score
Please keep me posted on the MPG and any other performance mods. What intake was installed?
Just a k&n and that’s it for the mods I’m eventually gonna put more mods on and probably swap a lq9

TroySmith80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear about MPG effects also. I don't know if it's true but i suspect a lot of tuners simply dial in more throttle/gas at a lower pedal setting, without actually changing anything in a true performance sense. Basically just give you a heavy gas pedal, lol.

To be clear, i'm not accusing Black Bear of this, i know nothing about them. I just wonder that about all tuners in general.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not expect a rise in MPG, but who knows.

For me, my BB tune reduced my MPG by 2+, but I was not expecting an increase. And frankly, I did not care if it went down, as a result of improved performance.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear about MPG effects also. I don't know if it's true but i suspect a lot of tuners simply dial in more throttle/gas at a lower pedal setting, without actually changing anything in a true performance sense. Basically just give you a heavy gas pedal, lol.

I also felt this way with off the shelf tunes

To be clear, i'm not accusing Black Bear of this, i know nothing about them. I just wonder that about all tuners in general.