Just installed components and they cut out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed 2 new sets of components (4 6.5s and 4 tweeters for some reason people dont get this). When I have my volume low they sound fine, but when I turn it up about half to 3/4 they cut out (Like the "s" and "t" in words). Do I just need to let them get broken in or what? if it is just break in, how long or how will i know other than just testing them. They are power acoustik CPT-60c.

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what headunit are you using? sounds like a clipping issue to me.

Sony xav-62bt. My components are running off my factory amp, i had 4 other 6.5s in there when i swaped out the bose and didnt have this issue. I know the amp is also not over powering or coming close to overpowering the components.

Jbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wrong ohm load on your factory amp maybe? I have bose and all the shops around here say if your gona run new speakers to bypass the stock amp

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wrong ohm load on your factory amp maybe? I have bose and all the shops around here say if your gona run new speakers to bypass the stock amp

I thought this as well, but my other 6.5s are 4 ohm as well and it didnt happen. The only difference beteween the old 6.5 and components is the rms and max are bigger on the components.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the factory amp. Take them off it. Get a nice 4 channel in there. When I got my components in, i had put em on a 4 channel, but forgot to bypass the factory amp. And when I turned it up somewhat loud it sounded like crap and cut out.

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the factory amp. Take them off it. Get a nice 4 channel in there. When I got my components in, i had put em on a 4 channel, but forgot to bypass the factory amp. And when I turned it up somewhat loud it sounded like crap and cut out.

Perfect!!! got the amp in today and they are great! thanks to everybody for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
808JAM