Just hit a deer in my Avalanche. FML.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I already have a shop in mind. Unfortunately away at work right now so when I get back I will be bringing it to the shop and hopefully can meet the adjuster there. I hope it's not totaled bc I love the avy :(

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Seat belts blow when airbags go off. Theres basically a small explosive charge that locks them in place. So for that, you'll need the curtain airbags, headliner, belt retractor, and buckle, airbag module (which will need to be programmed via Tech II). Front end doesn't look bad at all. I highly doubt there's any damage to the frame (maybe a bent horn, but that's an easy fix. Definitely not a total, but glad to hear you're not hurt.

You have one of the best looking Avalanches Ive seen. Get it back together and back on the road!

Bring it to Houston and Ill fix it myself!

Juniorss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know in NY its 75% of the value of the car its a total, that doesn't look anywhere near 75% unless you have a lot of hidden damage (which I doubt). You should be fine.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Each insurance company has their own threshold of what will total a vehicle. I think youre safe man.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I hope you guys are right. I'm still at working. Eager to get it checked out by progressive when I get back.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man you're out of town a lot :/

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member