JUST GOT A SMOKIN DEAL ON A 2004 HOE !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya thanks been on here for 10 years now, But still learning everyday ;) My brother got tired of getting pulled over in his blk/white crown vic PO PO he's gonna sell it and decided to get this truck cause I convinced him how reliable these trucks are :cool::boti:
I had a white CVPI with 5% tint all around for years..The Leos never bothered me. At one time here in Miami-Fort Lauderdale the CVPI was the favorite vehicle of 16-30 year olds. Mostly Black and White. All had dark windows all around. I do not recall any Leos stopping those vehicles and I knew other CVPI owners.

Now the favorite vehicle among the 16-30 year olds is the PPV-SSV Tahoe. They are hard to find [ones in excellent shape] as most agencies keep them in service till 150K + miles.

I think you did very well for 1500 bucks. Can not find anything in my neck of the woods for 1500 bucks. If your a/c blowing cold air that is a big bonus.

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was curious too. Impersonation?
100% nothing like that lol The car is black and white but NO spotlights, push bar or LEO lighting on his car

My brother is no thug, He works and goes to school. Nothing more

Im 2000 miles away in Texas but my guess is bored/dirty cops just looking for BS probable cause ??

1. was having a "scent tree" over his rear view mirror "Obstruction of view"
2. Wrinkled "Temp Tag"

Just bored California small town cops :rolleyes:

Terrysanford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good deal i would expect alot more work needed than what your thinking to be safe.Is that paint sticks holding the drivers rear window up?Bottles of something and cans in the back seat are red flags to me.Seat covers-headliner front headlights so he can see at night.Oil pressure sensor leaking or has low oil pressure.Either way good start.
If this truck was bought in Dayton Ohio and I believe it was I currently looked at it it's been a few months back I was going to buy the truck for 18 I seen the oil pressure took it back and told the guy about it he acted as if it was no big deal you can just being an oil sensor and still somewhat a big deal so I wish you the best of luck I walked away from it the way he acted towards the sensor was not a big deal like he didn't even know

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a white CVPI with 5% tint all around for years..The Leos never bothered me. At one time here in Miami-Fort Lauderdale the CVPI was the favorite vehicle of 16-30 year olds. Mostly Black and White. All had dark windows all around. I do not recall any Leos stopping those vehicles and I knew other CVPI owners.

Now the favorite vehicle among the 16-30 year olds is the PPV-SSV Tahoe. They are hard to find [ones in excellent shape] as most agencies keep them in service till 150K + miles.

I think you did very well for 1500 bucks. Can not find anything in my neck of the woods for 1500 bucks. If your a/c blowing cold air that is a big bonus.

I have been keeping eye on police auctions for MANY years and Florida is or WAS Impala 9C1 KWAZY !!

Case in point last summer I picked up a vic at a small town Oklahoma police dept auction and they also had 3 2006+ era 9C1 impalas and ALL 3 sold to 1 guy Florida the auction guy told me

Now in FL its mostly Tahoe and Chargers right ??

Dave

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this truck was bought in Dayton Ohio and I believe it was I currently looked at it it's been a few months back I was going to buy the truck for 18 I seen the oil pressure took it back and told the guy about it he acted as if it was no big deal you can just being an oil sensor and still somewhat a big deal so I wish you the best of luck I walked away from it the way he acted towards the sensor was not a big deal like he didn't even know

Ehhhhhh Ohio ??? NOPE !!! Did you even read my first post ??:boxed:

Dave

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping eye on police auctions for MANY years and Florida is or WAS Impala 9C1 KWAZY !!

Case in point last summer I picked up a vic at a small town Oklahoma police dept auction and they also had 3 2006+ era 9C1 impalas and ALL 3 sold to 1 guy Florida the auction guy told me

Now in FL its mostly Tahoe and Chargers right ??

Dave
Florida has a ton of Chargers,Tahoe's [but not a lot of Tahoe's] a lot of Explorer Utilities. The city of Miami has a ton of Taurus Interceptor sedans. In Miami-Dade the past couple of months seeing Durango mixed into the fleet of Chargers and Taurus sedans.

When I recently drove from Jacksonville to Miami saw FHP mostly with brand new Chargers and only a sprinkling of Tahoe's. Also saw FHP with a few new Black F-150's. They seem to be using the F 150 for Commercial Enforcement.

Jacksonville used the Impala for years. Miami had some Impalas but they mostly bought the CVPI until they stopped making them.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find. It will be interesting to see what you find, as you bring the truck up to ***** and fully restored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63