Jump seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding to this thread I am installing a jump seat tonight but found there is interference with the airbag sensor on the hump between the seats.

Those that have installed the jump seat with the storage bin under the cushion 07-14 style, did you remove the cover over this sensor or modify it for clearance? Or am I just missing something?

Thanks!

View attachment 253269
There shouldn’t be any airbag sensor for the middle seat, and the others are in the seats themselves. Can you take a close-up picture of this? Does it have a part # on it so we can identify it?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh the deployment module. It’s not a sensor, it’s the brain. You can move it a bit and the cover with it or cut the cover like in that post. On my Silverado it’s under the driver seat and just has carpet laying over it, no cover. As long as you don’t mess with the wire harness it’s fine.

TheStigPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think I just might remove it completely since I think it was to protect the unit while being exposed in the PPV trims. When it’s under the console it should be well protected.

I wish I had though of this when I had all the floor up cleaning out the gross mess that migrated to the floor and fixing the rust spots. Those bolts were easy to get to at that point. Haha

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah if it’s just the cover that’s interfering that’s what I would do. I wish mine is under the console since it’s in a prime amp location under the seat.

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think I just might remove it completely since I think it was to protect the unit while being exposed in the PPV trims. When it’s under the console it should be well protected.

I wish I had though of this when I had all the floor up cleaning out the gross mess that migrated to the floor and fixing the rust spots. Those bolts were easy to get to at that point. Haha

When I installed the jump seat on my 2012 PPV, I didn't cut the plastic cover. I just completely removed it and the jump seat fit right in. Removing the cover hasn't had any affect on anything while driving.

TheStigPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ended up cutting mine since the vinyl floor was a little squishy at the front of the console with out it. Wouldn't really matter but decided eh what the heck and modified the cover. An electric ratchet was a problem solver to get that cover off and back on with the floor intact.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding to this thread I am installing a jump seat tonight but found there is interference with the airbag sensor on the hump between the seats.

Those that have installed the jump seat with the storage bin under the cushion 07-14 style, did you remove the cover over this sensor or modify it for clearance? Or am I just missing something?

Thanks!

View attachment 253269

You have the cleanest floor. Mine was filthy when i got it

TheStigPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have the cleanest floor. Mine was filthy when i got it

Oh it was plenty dirty. That was after a lot of cleaning and degreasing. Who ever had this Hoe for patrol was a fan of peanuts and french fries/onion rings. No wonder my dog would go crazy in the truck sniffing. Those worked their way UNDER the vinyl floor and mat.

shoop

Reaction score

Thanks!

View attachment 253269
I think I am having the same issue . there is plastic plate about an inch or so that makes jump seat unable to get seated, kind of suspended above the white bolts sticking up.

Is this important? Can I remove this cover or the entire thing?4C115DBE-5394-4527-BEF7-FB2475581EA9.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401