Joining the Club and Picking Up an '04 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can't wait to pick up this beauty! Stock '04 Z71 (aside from 2015 wheels). 170k miles, 47 service records on its Carfax, 95% of which were at a dealership. Also has a brand spanking new (new, not rebuilt) transmission with paperwork.

I know about the Castec head issue but I'm not very concerned over it. I'm coming from the land of Jeep XJs where everything is broken all of the time.

Anyway, picking her up on Friday. Already have a new driver seat bottom coming (small tear that irks me) and going to put in a new head unit next week.

http://imgur.com/a/2Vzlj5d

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

I sold my 18 Colorado z71 for crazy money and picked up a 04 z71 Tahoe with 110k miles for a great price. Love the Tahoe, love not having a car note either. I've worked on it a bit with small issues. They are easy to work on.

Where did u get the seat?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find on your very well maintained hard to find 04 Z71 David!

OP
OP
D

DavidZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are multiple places online that sell the seat bottom and backs separately so you can replace as they wear out. You can even buy the foam as well if yours has worn down. Just search "Tahoe seat bottom" or similar.

I'm decently mechanically inclined when it comes to cars so I'm looking forward to diving into it. It has second row captain's chairs with the DVD player, which is the exact configuration I wanted.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the land of the NBS Z71. I love my 05 and you will love your 04, especially as you go thru it and make it yours. Start a build thread in the Under Construction section, if you want to.

5x10

Reaction score
Congrats!

I sold my 18 Colorado z71 for crazy money and picked up a 04 z71 Tahoe with 110k miles for a great price. Love the Tahoe, love not having a car note either. I've worked on it a bit with small issues. They are easy to work on.

Where did u get the seat?
Cars always ride better when they’re paid off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9