JL Audio - Stealthbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does JL Audio say that the rear stealth box will NOT fit vehicles without the rear powerlift option??? I don't get it....

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Why does JL Audio say that the rear stealth box will NOT fit vehicles without the rear powerlift option??? I don't get it....

The actuator rod/motor that tucks behind the interior quarter panel trim would not allow the enclosure to fit.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The actuator rod/motor that tucks behind the interior quarter panel trim would not allow the enclosure to fit.

So are you saying that it WILL fit the Tahoe that does NOT have the power lift option? I must have mis-read what their website said.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh I thought you meant models with the power lift gate option so I guessed it was because of the power hatch parts.
After looking at the install instructions I do not know what they mean by that. If it can fit the power gate model it should fit the non-power one too because their is nothing at all back there to stop it.
The only thing I can think of that will prevent install is maybe the non-power model does not have the three studs in the back that the triangulated plate needs to mount to. I doubt that though.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Someone go and look at the link below and see if they see a reason.
http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/9013/media_document/live_1/SB_GM_ESC_MAN.pdf?1305783853

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i installed mine i had to use one of the existing holes for the bracket where the harness was secured.. if the harness isn't there i dunno but the hole should still be there not sure why that would be a case tho..

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

is the only spot your seeing only power lift gate in the name? as in yukons/tahoes with power lift gate?

cause in the writing it says

For GM's big SUV's, we now offer this powerful solution that fits all versions

so i think it just means even with the power lift gate it works..

flrmat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anybody make a sub box that is a custom fit in the cargo area? I haven't fou d one yet

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody make a sub box that is a custom fit in the cargo area? I haven't fou d one yet

Nope. Because it's a big empty space, nothing is custom made for it. The only type of Pre-fab boxes are the ones that go in to cubbies and pockets and misc. holes in the sides of different vehicles.

mikey42_69

Reaction score
Well guys, I got the Stealthbox installed,
looks great, sounds great.

Here is an installed pic for reference:
JLAudioSubs.jpg

overall, it is great - a little loud for my tastes but the remote gain knob for the amplifier makes it real easy to adjust.

They removed the factory Bose sub (they thought there may be some phase-cancellation from the stock sub) and were able to mount the amplifier inside the console where the subs used to live.

Thanks for all the feedback that pushed me over the edge to purchase this equipment.

--Logan

Very nice. Love it.

aggressive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed whether the Stealthbox will fit without the power lift gate? After looking through the install instructions I cant find a reason why it wouldn't but I want to be sure before pulling the trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuckchill

Latest posts