Iwaslower and Texasdemon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grilled2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of suspension and size of tires are you guys running?
How is the ride, can you feel every bump in the road?
Would you guys recommend 24s or 26s?

Thanx guys

seankami

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey buddy,

My opinion:

I have a stock 09 tahoe on 26"s U2's with 305 rubber.... Ill be completely honest with you.....

I have had these wheels a month or so and I daily drive on them 80miles or so a day.... b/c of the horrible weather here i hit a pothole at about 50mph and bent the inner rim. I got it fixed and it holds air but my suggestion would be to go with 24"s and some more rubber....

BUT 26"s look SICK on our SUV's.....

I had to do some trimming and some heating of the metal and I still rub a little.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I like my 24s with a 3/5 drop.
Iwaslowr has 26s with a bit over a 2/4 drop, so did TexasDemon before he bagged the truck about two weeks back.

OP
OP
G

grilled2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciat all of your responses guys.
I am getting all noise from the back suspension.
Every time I go over a bump, there is noise in the back as it was
scraping noise but the truck has a lot of clearance and this is
something Im trying to prevent, noises.
When I installed the control links, they were not the same for both side, one was different from the other.
Do you guys know which one should have gone where?
Also, it stated to relocate the D bushing for cleqarance of the curve on the bar but I didnt relocate it since there was still plenty clearance.
I am really dissapointed and ready to take raise it back and call it quits with
the slammed look.

Thanx

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
i can bet the noise is coming from the trailing arm brackets. thats where mine was making noise also. that bracket has to align percfect with exsiting bracket or it wont bolt on right. what is the drop that you have?see the rims wont that big of a diferernce on the ride quality but all the components that you use for the drop. also you would proboly want to use shorter rear shocks also use billstein is what is most popular here. another thing the links are not what is making the noise unless they are completeley loose. rember that after you install the kit use for atleast 100 miles then go bacj retighten verything again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen