It's come to THIS ?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donf

Reaction score
We all get the emails from African princes/princesses, businessmen regularly but the other day I was targeted, apparently, because I own a Chevrolet Truck!!

FROM CHEVROLET CAR COMPANIES

Greetings to you, My Name is Mr Barry Wilson the Chevrolet company
special diplomatic agent I was ask to contact and deliver to you the
sum of 18.5 million US dollars and 1 brand new Chevrolet truck to you,
by the Chevrolet company so as the Beneficiary of the above mentioned
money and car so please listen and follow the rules and regulations of
this delivery.

I hereby ask for your details such as...
1) Full Name
2) Delivery address
3) Email address
4) Nearest airport
5) ID card
6) Next of kin

Complete the above details so that your funds and car can be delivered
to you through our diplomatic system.

Best regards
Mr Barry Wilson
SPECIAL DIPLOMATIC AGENT

1 things
I'll miss you guys here but I think with some of my new found 18.5 million I'm going to give the new pickup to the guy that mows my lawn and buy myself a new Bentley SUV's .

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We all get the emails from African princes/princesses, businessmen regularly but the other day I was targeted, apparently, because I own a Chevrolet Truck!!

FROM CHEVROLET CAR COMPANIES

Greetings to you, My Name is Mr Barry Wilson the Chevrolet company
special diplomatic agent I was ask to contact and deliver to you the
sum of 18.5 million US dollars and 1 brand new Chevrolet truck to you,
by the Chevrolet company so as the Beneficiary of the above mentioned
money and car so please listen and follow the rules and regulations of
this delivery.

I hereby ask for your details such as...
1) Full Name
2) Delivery address
3) Email address
4) Nearest airport
5) ID card
6) Next of kin

Complete the above details so that your funds and car can be delivered
to you through our diplomatic system.

Best regards
Mr Barry Wilson
SPECIAL DIPLOMATIC AGENT

2 things;
1) Did Chevy become their own country with diplomatic agents (Special ones at that!) before or after Obama "bailed them out"?
2) I'll miss you guys here but I think with some of my new found 18.5 million I'm going to give the new pickup to the guy that mows my lawn and buy myself a new Bentley SUV's .
I'm jealous! Where's my 18.5 million??

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
reminds of something as well, years ago I had some stuff listed on craigslist for local sale, usually because it was just to large or costly to ship anywhere. Some guy contacted me and said he really wanted what I had and asked if he sent me $400 would I ship it to him so I said sure ok, send the money and I will ship it, the next day I get a fedex overnight envelope with a check in it for like $4000.xx and some change. The check is from some East Coast power company, looked totally legit and in my name but uh I was like mmmm nope not going to get snatched up in this one so I never deposited it and never heard back from the guy either. It was certainly tempting and I could have used the money but I didn't want it to come back and bite me in the ass later....

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was going on there?
I got an email asking for my name and address I fell for it and next thing you know a FedEx large stiff envelope shows up with counterfeit USPS money orders. The package was from another country I forgot where. It was so weird though.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years back a coworker was excited about meeting a real "African Princess". He'd met her online and had been communicating with her for a while. She talked him into a new laptop so she could continue to talk to him and then asked for $2000 so she could make her way here to be with him. He showed me her photo saying "She looks like Hallie Berry! " I looked at the photo and said "Dude, THAT IS Halley Berry! Yep, he was taken for a ride.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
A few years back a coworker was excited about meeting a real "African Princess". He'd met her online and had been communicating with her for a while. She talked him into a new laptop so she could continue to talk to him and then asked for $2000 so she could make her way here to be with him. He showed me her photo saying "She looks like Hallie Berry! " I looked at the photo and said "Dude, THAT IS Halley Berry! Yep, he was taken for a ride.
Probably was a big fat stinky dude with a beard--no offense to any fat stinky dudes with beards.
I always wonder how people could be so gullible.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reminds of something as well, years ago I had some stuff listed on craigslist for local sale, usually because it was just to large or costly to ship anywhere. Some guy contacted me and said he really wanted what I had and asked if he sent me $400 would I ship it to him so I said sure ok, send the money and I will ship it, the next day I get a fedex overnight envelope with a check in it for like $4000.xx and some change. The check is from some East Coast power company, looked totally legit and in my name but uh I was like mmmm nope not going to get snatched up in this one so I never deposited it and never heard back from the guy either. It was certainly tempting and I could have used the money but I didn't want it to come back and bite me in the ass later....

Age old scam.

They send you a check for way more than agreed and you're supposed to keep your agreed portion and send the difference to them. You deposit the check and it shows up in your account so you think it's all kosher. You keep your portion and send the rest to Nigeria (or wherever). Days later, the bank finds the check was no good and takes the money from your account to cover it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Age old scam.

They send you a check for way more than agreed and you're supposed to keep your agreed portion and send the difference to them. You deposit the check and it shows up in your account so you think it's all kosher. You keep your portion and send the rest to Nigeria (or wherever). Days later, the bank finds the check was no good and takes the money from your account to cover it.
Yep. tons of people fall for it along with a million other scams out there, it amazes me how stupid people are, well sort of what really surprises me is how we survive as a human race for even 24 hours, covid was nothing compared to what just one crazy scientist could do, just a matter of time I figure. wont' be walking dead, will just be dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094