issues with "lines" on my windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I have full tint all windows and every one of them has many small vertical lines that have worn into them from going up and down. Kinda like they are rubbing on the internals of the door when opening and closing. Does anyone else have this problem? I really dont want to take the door panels apart just to find out WTF is going on.

Any thoughts or experience with this??

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Inside or outside......most times this is a problem outside, the inside ones just don't do that becuase they don't get contaminated with grime.
If outside it may be that the window sills are worn to nothing, get new ones and you will be good.
Use a buffing compound to remove the lines if they are stubborn....ScratchX from WalMart will work.
If inside, I have no clue.......

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on his post I think he's referring to vertical lines scratched into his tint. Is that it, Ty?

If so, I'd say leave it alone unless it really looks like shit and you need your tint redone...then take the doors apart and mess with it. I see no reason to pull it apart and risk tearing up the tint even more until you're ready to get it redone. Just my .02

The only thing I can think of is that the tracks for the window are rubbing up on the tint the wrong way...but I'm not too familiar with how the innards of the door/window work, so I couldn't tell you how to fix it.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea the "lines" are in the tint, not the glass, they piss me off a great deal and its on ALL the ******* windows... i want to re-do the fronts for sure because i would like to limo the front to match the rear.

just another project to add to the long list of shit i want to do to this Goose

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually have a similar issue but only on my front windows (inside) when the truck is dirty or after a recent rain. I still haven't figured it out but mine just wipes off with a mf towel and some invisible glass. I think it has something to do with the felt strip that rubs the window when it goes up and down, try putting your window down and wiping that felt strip to see if it's dirty or maybe something is stuck on it and rubbing on the glass.
I have never seen it happen to the back windows but I guess you can try the same with them.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
no, these arent from dirt or stains, they are very fine "cuts" or "grooves" that are in the tint forever...

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can suggest is to rip the interior door panel off and check the tracks that the window rides on. See if there are any sharp edges on anything where the window would rub, and if so, maybe take some fine sandpaper and deburr whatever is rubbing? Thats the only thing I can think of to do that would solve the issue...deburr, strip and retint.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Oh, and your truck looks sick dropped, BTW. Turned out real nice.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its gotta be something like that, i actually have a shallow 4 inch long vertical scratch in the bottom of my driver window from something getting pressed into it....doesnt look as bad with my tint job but up close it's noticeable....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz