Issue with stock suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a 2016 Tahoe LT (no mag ride) in the last 6 months I feel like the suspension has changed, perhaps lowered. I usually back into my driveway at an angle; almost no transition from the street to driveway, when I'm backing in at between 8-10mph or so, I'm scraping the front right/left of the lower fascia on the ground. This is now also occurring when I enter a transition at an angle as well. I uploaded a screenshot of the areas that are scraping.

I'm going to bring it to the dealer but was curious if 1) has anyone dealt with this issues, if so what was it 2) a quick was to tell if its my struts?

Many thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 8.36.17 AM.png

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
PSI is within range/nitrogen filled. The only correlation I can think of regarding the tires was the change from the stock Bridgestones to Michelin Defenders, same size.

Hueby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing, scrapping while entering our driveway at a slope. Turns out my rear right shock was frozen stiff while contracted and just not allowing the suspension to travel normal/correct. You might have the same issue.....

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
Dealer called, stated the Tahoe is riding lower front passenger side by about 1" or more. They're unable to see anything during visual inspection to explain why. They said they're going to put it on the alignment rack to check ride heights and alignment. It sounded as if they're pulling at straws as they're unsure why this would be occurring...and questioned whether or not I wanted them to pursue it more.

Considering my warranty is up in May... the answer is yes.

They once again asked me if I got into an accident, which has not happened.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer called, stated the Tahoe is riding lower front passenger side by about 1" or more. They're unable to see anything during visual inspection to explain why. They said they're going to put it on the alignment rack to check ride heights and alignment.

I have read here that this is sometimes caused by a rear shock freezing up. In addition, the strut is made up of several components that wear out with time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod

Latest posts