Issue bleeding my brakes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Well this weekend i installed my Baer big brake kit fronts and rear. I am having a issue with air in the lines. I have been bleeding my brakes for about two days and still have air in the fronts. The backs are actually fine. It feels like to me that there is air stuck in the ABS. Does anyone have any thoughts about this because i don't feel like taking it to the dealer to put a tech 2 on it. I kinda thought about taking it down my snow covered driveway and getting the ABS to kick in and see if it could cycle out the air and then bleed again. Any thoughts on my issue?

Last edited:

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
hook lines to all 4 bleeders, put those aluminum turkey baking pans under all 4...crack them all so they start flowing....

keep master cylinder full (you should get a good idea of how often you have to go out there, prob every 10 or so minutes.....use an egg timer.

let it gravity bleed for a couple of hours.....close all bleeders (dont touch the pedal!).....fill master cylinder and then give it a shot.

if that doesnt do it, then dealer to power bleed, or build/buy your own pressure bleeder (50 bucks).

I use the mighty vac vacuum pump and have never had an issue...you can really speed up the process BUT you will draw air through the threads of the bleeder so you cant go by bubbles in the fluid, you just have to draw it through, close and try.

OP
OP
GalaxyBlackEsky

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. But I actually took it to a dealer that one of my friends work at and he pressure bleed the brakes and it just had a shit load of air in the system. But got it fixed. Man these suckers stop great.. Got the Big Baer Aluma Sport 14 rotors all around the car with 2 piston front and back.. I will take some pics lata on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syngyn

Latest posts