ISRT-HOE New Member from NYC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISRT-HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just joined up on the forum minutes ago as an hour before that I bought a 1999 2 Door 2 Wheel Drive Tahoe LT. I've been searching for one like this for years and I'm stoked!

So, I used to own a 1993 2 door but it was a 4x4 and well, my plans for the truck at that time just didn't work out. I ended up selling it and getting a Lexus is300 back in 2004. I moved out to Queens and didn't look back for quite some time. In the back of my mind I always had a thing for 2 doors if it was a 2x4 or4x4. They all looked great. I was hoping that GM would smarten up and do a full sized 2 door again but it doesn't look like they will with all the smaller SUVs they have now. Ended up searching all over the US for a 2x4 and all the ones I found were way far away from NY. Either Texas or Cali... I did find 2 in the NY area but, with NY weather and driving to show... For the price of shipping, I'm hoping that it's worth it as this one is from.... Dallas Texas (of course)

I have so many ideas and plans but, I want to do it right and take my time... I'm mechanically inclined and have all the basic tools one would have except no welding or auto body tools. I'll be searching the site for info and looking forward to meeting everyone here...

Thanks Everyone!

10/06/11 - Join Date and Truck Purchased Date

eanmizell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Houston, TX. I love the obs 2 doors. What are your plans so far? Lowering it? Wheels? Do you have any pics?

OP
OP
I

ISRT-HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone!...

Plans so far...

1st... Have the truck delivered! LOL I'll be getting a temp dealer tag for 60 days so, I'll take it around for the first time for a bit stock and just check into any trouble areas first that I might have to keep an eye oh... Remember, I have yet to even see this truck in person! Ha!

I plan on bagging it and lay frame... I'll be all over the net (more so than usually) to do my research on what suits me best. I'd like to keep my back seats in the process and then do a Body Mount Drop to hide some of the frame.

If anyone has airbag and/or other suspension parts for sale, please... let me know!

I'll post some pictures of how it looks right now from the Dealer/Seller.

OP
OP
I

ISRT-HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some Pictures...

Attachments

• $(KGrHqUOKpgE5Y37EZ35BOhn!8!Wcg~~_4.JPG
    $(KGrHqUOKpgE5Y37EZ35BOhn!8!Wcg~~_4.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 19
  • $(KGrHqEOKi8E5fYbpcNPBOhm-8DsW!~~_4.JPG