Is this a good deal? CPO 2020 SLT, former Hertz Rental from Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weo1209

Reaction score
Long time no post, but someone wrecked my Accord (work vehicle) last week. I found a CPO 2020 SLT with 60k for under $50k. Carfax is clean but it was a rental up in Michigan. With it being so new, should I worry about rust issues? My second thought is it was a rental vehicle, so I'm sure rinsed off after every use.

Love following the site, looking to get back to a Tahoe/Yukon. Sold my 2003 SLT a couple of years ago and regretted it ever since!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have a good independent mechanic put it on the rack and check it out from top to bottom. Request service records. When I requested service records from Enterprise years ago for a different vehicle they had no issue giving it to me.

With that said I have bought rental vehicles in the past and had no issues with them. All were serviced every 5-6K miles.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rental vehicles have 2 things with them.

1) they are always well maintained by the dealer usually and get all things fixed mechanically. The rental companies just get them serviced routinely and nothing gets missed. If you get the carfax you’ll probably see that the car is serviced every few months.

2) they tend to be rougher around the edges in terms of interior wear and paint since people don’t care for them as a personnel vehicle. Rental companies aren’t going to ceramic wax there cars are worry about small scratches and things.

That being said I bought a 2015 Tahoe LTZ former rental with 104k on it a year ago and it’s been fine. Had do fox some cosmetic issues like repainting rear bumper and fixing scratched interior pieces but now it’s good and had a great deal to me. 28k back then.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes up here in MI they a lot of salt on the roads, but these newer vehicles hold up a lot better. With this being a 2020 MY I would not worry about any road salt damage

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to keep it a while get it undercoated. I did that with my 2015. They cleaned up the undercarriage and then sprayed it.

USMarine1171

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2019 Yukon XL SLT 2WD with 40k miles for a little over 47k in TX.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you went with it. I have a 2019 previous Enterprise Tahoe LT. It was a year old with 33K when I got it. It was the cleanest one I had looked at. The seats looked barely broken in, a few dings here and there but nothing like a a daily used family vehicle. If you have not already, look at the GPS history and bluetooth history. I got mine out of Pennsylvania, was originally purchased in Jersey. But had been to Vegas, California, Seattle, and a few spots in the midwest. Hopefully yours was in Michigan but spent some time down South. Rust shouldnt be a big deal, it only spent one winter in salt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645