Is this a good deal? CPO 2020 SLT, former Hertz Rental from Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have to say, it is funny (to me) how people think the rental companies do routine maintenance. I'm not sure where that idea came from because they do the absolute BARE minimum and it is almost never done by the dealer, only warranty work. I would never buy one but luckily (for you/them) it seems like most people aren't as picky and **** as I am so hopefully it is a good vehicle for you since you've already bought it.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good on mine with 2 years and 30K more miles on it. Service records really aren't that important or informative on the condition of a vehicle. If something broke under warranty then I am sure it was fixed by a dealer and that will be seen, but if there's no records then that should mean that the car didn't have any issues, or like me, change their own oil, rotate tires, and whatever else would show up as "maintenance". I didn't realize my Tahoe was a prior rental until I started getting into the carfax/docs. But either way it was CPO so 100K powertrain is there if needed. I plan to run this thing into the ground. Still have my 08 with over 200K.. expect this one to go the same

OP
OP
W

weo1209

Reaction score
Well, almost a year to the day (tomorrow) the transmission started shaking and I couldnt get the accelerator past 1750 RPM without it violently shaking. I took it in to the GMC dealership here in NC. Feels like transmission or Torque Convertor. I've put 24k in less than 12 months, currently sitting at 83k. Would you sell and take a loss at this point, or ride it since it has (fingers crossed) a new transmission?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, almost a year to the day (tomorrow) the transmission started shaking and I couldnt get the accelerator past 1750 RPM without it violently shaking. I took it in to the GMC dealership here in NC. Feels like transmission or Torque Convertor. I've put 24k in less than 12 months, currently sitting at 83k. Would you sell and take a loss at this point, or ride it since it has (fingers crossed) a new transmission?
which transmission does it have?

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's the 6L80e I would have them fix it and keep going (CPO warranty). Unless they offer you a peach of a deal and something better is on the lot.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Just make sure the trans has the 100k warranty. For some reason I though I remember hearing from a friend at a dealership that if it's covered under warranty it's only 2 yr 24k. If it's customer pay, then 3 yr, 100k. I could be wrong, but something worth asking.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far so good on mine with 2 years and 30K more miles on it. Service records really aren't that important or informative on the condition of a vehicle. If something broke under warranty then I am sure it was fixed by a dealer and that will be seen, but if there's no records then that should mean that the car didn't have any issues, or like me, change their own oil, rotate tires, and whatever else would show up as "maintenance". I didn't realize my Tahoe was a prior rental until I started getting into the carfax/docs. But either way it was CPO so 100K powertrain is there if needed. I plan to run this thing into the ground. Still have my 08 with over 200K.. expect this one to go the same
CPO warranty info I have read recently indicated 12 months 12k miles from your date of purchase. I guess may get more if you pay more $$$

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CPO powertrain extends to 100k.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing is that with rental vehicles they go everywhere. Maybe it had Michigan plates, but it could have spend considerable time just about anywhere... I rented a car in Florida last month with Arizona plates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01