Is this a fair deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

funtogo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
in this crazy market I have been looking for a fair deal.I came across a 2019 Tahoe LT with 52,000 miles.It is a rental vehicle that has been in southern states so no rust issues.It has a couple of small dings.Carfax says no accidents and regular oil changes.They are asking $46,000 for it.Bottom dollar.What do you think?Seems to run and drive ok.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is almost the cost of my 2019 Suburban new with 0 miles before tax, tags and dealer processing. But that said, I have a tentative offer on my Suburban for $52K.

OP
OP
F

funtogo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah the market is crazy right now. I think I will hold off for a few months. You never know what will come along.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in this crazy market I have been looking for a fair deal.I came across a 2019 Tahoe LT with 52,000 miles.It is a rental vehicle that has been in southern states so no rust issues.It has a couple of small dings.Carfax says no accidents and regular oil changes.They are asking $46,000 for it.Bottom dollar.What do you think?Seems to run and drive ok.
Not a bad price in today's market. I would still have a independent mechanic check it out from top to bottom to be thoroughly sure there are no issues.

I have bought rental vehicles in the past and have had no issues with them.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally dont give into the Economist, but this time, I think they are right. A market crash is coming, you cant just keep giving out free money, while having a market with no income (taxes).. I figure February, or maybe March.

I would not be buying anything right now unless its a 3 years ago deal.

phottomatt

Reaction score
That’s a great deal for today’s market, if you need it don’t wait, its probably gone by now though. I would not wait on anything these days, the market may crash but no one knows when.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are predicting prices to remain high on used vehicles into 2022. At least that is what the news is saying in Flint, MI. There are several hundred acres of new 2021 & 2022 pickup trucks in the area, I have heard that the same is true for the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukons. So once the supply chain gets fixed prices will drop because there will be a huge influx of new trucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid