is adaptive cruise standard on a High Country Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s4cruiser

Reaction score
When I got my Honda Accord in 2017, in my mind I just "had to have" ACC. I got the Touring trim because that got me both the V6 and ACC. After having it for the last 5 years I don't really care for it. I prefer to be more in control and I can anticipate situations better than the computer does - there's time where the ACC starts braking and I don't want it to. It seems it's so hyper-focused on keeping the set distance that it doesn't allow a bit of "slack" for when someone merges in front of you. You're not missing anything IMO.
Agreed. My wife’s Lexus GX460 has acc but whenever I drive (which is always) I disable it and use normal cruise. I h8 ACC for the reasons you point out.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my Honda Accord in 2017, in my mind I just "had to have" ACC. I got the Touring trim because that got me both the V6 and ACC. After having it for the last 5 years I don't really care for it. I prefer to be more in control and I can anticipate situations better than the computer does - there's time where the ACC starts braking and I don't want it to. It seems it's so hyper-focused on keeping the set distance that it doesn't allow a bit of "slack" for when someone merges in front of you. You're not missing anything IMO.

ACC is now standard across all Accord trims now. I just traded out a 2019 sport for a 2022 sport and even the 2019 had ACC standard. I seldom use cruise in general and have only used the ACC function a couple times just to see how it worked

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ACC is now standard across all Accord trims now. I just traded out a 2019 sport for a 2022 sport and even the 2019 had ACC standard. I seldom use cruise in general and have only used the ACC function a couple times just to see how it worked
Yeah, 2017 was the last of the 9th gen and you had to get either Touring or EX-L w/ the safety package to get ACC, LKAS, CMBS, etc. When the 10th gen came out in 2018 all of those features were standard on all trim levels. I love my 2017 though because it was the last year of the J35 V6. That motor has great power and is a fuel miser on the highway.

starbai

Reaction score
For what its worth I think different manufacturers systems behave differently.

I once rented a Cx9 for a couple hour trip, and the ACC was a pain in the ass.
But, I had it on my last truck, a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and it was fantastic. I got onto highways, hit the button and forgot about my speed. It was that good. My current vehicle a BMW x5 doesn't have it, and I miss it very much.

So much so, that the Denali I have on order has it optioned.... but who knows if it will actually show up with it or not. But, its a must have for me.

Different strokes/different folks

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth I think different manufacturers systems behave differently.

I once rented a Cx9 for a couple hour trip, and the ACC was a pain in the ass.
But, I had it on my last truck, a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and it was fantastic. I got onto highways, hit the button and forgot about my speed. It was that good. My current vehicle a BMW x5 doesn't have it, and I miss it very much.

So much so, that the Denali I have on order has it optioned.... but who knows if it will actually show up with it or not. But, its a must have for me.

Different strokes/different folks
I agree with you. It is a must have..toyota has spoiled me..

Reaction score
IMHO, the worst thing GM ever put on a vehicle. People need to get their thumbs out of their a**, and pay attention when driving a vehicle, or just park it and take a Uber.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO, the worst thing GM ever put on a vehicle. People need to get their thumbs out of their a**, and pay attention when driving a vehicle, or just park it and take a Uber.
What? You still pay attention. Just makes driving easier..afterall that's what technology is.

A proper adaptive cruise with a good lane trace system takes 90% of the fatigue out of driving..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts