Is a Ford F-150 Lightning EV or a Silverado EV a Good Alternative to a Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeventhFullsizeGM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t disagree and therefore put a second reservation in so that I am both at the front of the line and at the back in case I want to wait a few years. The other part of the equation fir me is the ridiculously high prices being offered for trades by dealers anxious for Suburban/Tahoes/Yukons. Right now, covers what I paid almost to the dollar except for interest on the loan and maintenance.
Yep, I understand that one as well. Since I purchased my 2019 XL Denali in 2020 with 13k miles, it has gone up in value about $12,000 due to the current situation. That's a mighty tempting proposition, but on the other hand I feel I have a "good one", it is treating me well, still only has 29k on it, so I will probably just let my reservation go. I can see the merit of canceling my current early reservation, and putting in a new one as a place holder.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really good read for you EV fanboys out there. Imagine stopping every 90 miles on a 600 mile trip to recharge while towing.

Thanks but no thanks...

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really good read for you EV fanboys out there. Imagine stopping every 90 miles on a 600 mile trip to recharge while towing.

Thanks but no thanks...

I could only imagine the fun going [1300 miles] from Miami to Queens N.Y several times a year with a EV.

I will give the EV a big pass and do my best to keep my 5.3 Tahoe running forever. If I have to I will just keep fixing everything just as the Cubans do in Cuba.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does a Ford F-150 Lightning or it’s Silverado equivalent provide a good alternative to a Tahoe/Suburban SUV if you need the secured storage/hauling capacity, but do not need the third row seat?
Not sure I would call any pick up bed secure. I feel a lot more comfortable pulling my 3rd row seats out and putting stuff in the back of my Tahoe.
That said, it really comes down to how much and what stuff is being hauled. As you say, if its messy, a pickup is the only way to go as you will tear up the inside of the Tahoe at some point.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could only imagine the fun going [1300 miles] from Miami to Queens N.Y several times a year with a EV.

I will give the EV a big pass and do my best to keep my 5.3 Tahoe running forever. If I have to I will just keep fixing everything just as the Cubans do in Cuba.

Off topic but I live in Fresh Meadows Queens and have a home in Golden Beach which is in dade-broward county line. I also grew up the and spent my first 23 years in Florida. I also travel back and forth a couple times a year. Where in dade and queens you stay?

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy a ev yet. I remember when gas prices first hit $4 back in 2005 that everyone wanted a hybrid. When I was buying my 2008 Escalade I thought about the hybrid version then I said it cost 10k more and I need to change the battery at 5k I did the math and it didn’t make sense. Now where are the hybrid k2xx trucks? None because only the gmt900 had them and they stopped. The tech is too new and when they make it last 1200 miles per charge then I will go for it. My 2018 Escalade will be paid off soon so I will keep it because it is so beautiful and mint.

6A243768-810C-46B5-9E95-D7F396097BF3.jpeg79526B75-EA5C-4CD1-8834-84C74DE203C2.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins