iPhone for entertainment system on 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon rogers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just spent $75,000 on a 2021 Yukon slt and I can’t use my iPhones on the rear seat $2500 system. Anyone know a trick on how to get iPhones to work

Jsenky

Reaction score
Supposedly you can connect and mirror the screen with a HDMI to lightning adapter:

i bought the actual apple adapter for this and it wouldnt work for me before thanksgiving. That was using my ipad though. I need to go try it again though as i only have 30 days to return the $50 adapter.

PauliePucks

Reaction score
The OEM lightning to hdmi adapter will work. Problem is that it will only allow your screen to be mirrored to the rear entertainment system. There is no touch screen support with this cable. Whoever is watching said screen would still need to operate the iDevice and select content on there to watch on the screen. Some apps use HDCP which doesn’t play nice with the cable and disables mirroring.

My 5 and 7 year old gave up and relegated to the 3rd row with Velcro headrest ipad mounts.

Palmetto469

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Amazon Fire Stick... that's what we use (2 of them, actually)... it's not going to mirror your phone (I don't think... never tried it), but it has all of the apps we need and/or the ability to work with your phone casting from said apps.

sroldan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried an Apple TV, fire stick and roku stick with airplay- very bad results on all.

I ended up buying a 250ish Samsung tab A7 which can stream to Miracast and that has worked fine. We downloaded movies on Netflix and Disney+ and has worked great

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So glad I didn’t get the RES because of this. But, I will say I did a similar thing in mirroring my wife’s Android on the front screen. Watch the MLB games while driving without an issue. I may just buy a cheap Samsung phone to utilize for this. My kids are all on their iPads anyways.

emsgutz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried a Amazon firestick. Within the first month it was bent and broke becauee it sticks out in a place where I have kids and teens piling in and out of my car and must have been getting hit. Next I tried HDMI and adapter to connect to apple phones. It didn’t work (wouldnt recongnize that anything was plugged in). Then once or twice it worked and couldn’t get it to work again after that. Everytime you shut the Yukon off you have to set all of this back up again which has been the hard part and frustrating part. I miss the DVD where it turn right back on to where we left off immediately and easily. Who said this new system and way of life was more convenient again? I have owned my car 3 months and everything we try works 25% of the time and takes us half our car ride to even get turned on

emsgutz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Supposedly you can connect and mirror the screen with a HDMI to lightning adapter:

i

i tried this and it wouldn’t recognize that anything was plugged in 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time it worked and was awesome. Just wasn’t reliable to to work and caused more frustration with kids trying to get it set up and working when I was trying to drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne