Introductory Post: my 2011 SSV (build thread + pic heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rich_SSV

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
6.jpg

While I waited for a replacement bottom bumper trim to arrive (which just did the other day, still need to install), I poked around Amazon and found this front air deflector for (no joke) $25 because it was "significantly scratched and damaged" and had packaging damage.

I get it and the scratches? It's scratched up plastic protection film they put on the air deflector. Peeled it off and it was good as new. Thanks, Amazon!

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work so far I like the aggressive tires on steal wheels.

My neighbor is a K9 officer and his tahoe smells like a kennel 24/7. Did you get the smell out 100%?

OP
OP
Rich_SSV

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Meanwhile, I ordered the proper V620 front seat socket off of Amazon (yes I know I could have used a regular metric socket, but I'm a sucker for buying new tools). It took a few days to get to me...

Now that it arrived, it was time to tackle the front seats and below.

As expected: more crud and hair and grime.

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

Holy cow, does dog hair ever stick to the greased-up seat tracks.

EDIT: apparently I can no longer add more posts to this thread. I'm guessing I hit a spam limit and can't add more replies (which is odd because I can still edit and create new threads).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rich_SSV

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice work so far I like the aggressive tires on steal wheels.

My neighbor is a K9 officer and his tahoe smells like a kennel 24/7. Did you get the smell out 100%?

100%? Naw. But it’s barely noticeable now. Once I pull all the seats again and pull up the front rubber floor (I was only able to peel it back in sections and am not happy with how well it turned out), run a couple cans of vent/AC cleaner through the HVAC, and then do the cabin filter retrofit (which I have, just haven’t installed), it should be like 98% or better.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH, and it looks like you will be a participating member, and that's great!

Outstanding cleanup job on the truck, as well.

Since I take my two 90+ lb White Shepherds with me just about every time I take my truck out, it is generally loaded with dog hair. But I don't care, as they are both ecstatic whenever I take them out for a 'ride'. At some point during each ride, I open all the windows and the sun roof, and part of the dog hair (but certainly not all of it) simply flies out the window and makes the local birds happy for nest building.

OP
OP
Rich_SSV

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright! It appears my posting ability is okay again (apparently what happened is a rare bug/glitch and they're still trying to sort it out).

Last pics for now.

Being an ex-LEO vehicle, the driver's seat cushion was understandably thrashed - duty belts aren't gentle on seats.
I found another ex-Ambulance Tahoe that had good seats and picked up a replacement non-airbag seat with a good seat bottom.

10.jpg

Did some Googlin', watched a YouTube video, and I was really stoked at how easy the seat bottom swapped over. Gave everything a good wipe down and scrub while the seat pan was accessible like that (and it also let me clean up the rails and such from the top side).

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

It's the little things, right?

Still to do:

- swap out the rubber/plastic "bargain" steering wheel with a leather variant with radio controls (just need to find the time).

- give the steelies a good sand, prime and spray with matte black paint (maybe gloss, I haven't decided)

- reassemble the interior "walls"

- clean the HVAC system

- install the cabin filter retrofit

- I have considered putting in rear captain's chairs, but I'd want them in cloth so I'd have to find me some more front seats and see about swapping over the upholstery, which seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth.

OP
OP
Rich_SSV

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH, and it looks like you will be a participating member, and that's great!

Outstanding cleanup job on the truck, as well.

Since I take my two 90+ lb White Shepherds with me just about every time I take my truck out, it is generally loaded with dog hair. But I don't care, as they are both ecstatic whenever I take them out for a 'ride'. At some point during each ride, I open all the windows and the sun roof, and part of the dog hair (but certainly not all of it) simply flies out the window and makes the local birds happy for nest building.

Thanks for the welcome!
If I had a dog or two (life and work travel make that an impossibility right now), I wouldn't have gone to this depth of cleaning for sure. :)

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
Welcome to the PPV club. Nice ride! Looks like you got a lot of stuff done! Just got my 2012 PPV a week and a half ago. Got some things I need to do to civilianize it. Did the DIC bezel swap. Getting ready to do the center bench seat install and steering wheel swap. Waiting for my 3rd Row seats to arrive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14