Interior Lights won't shut off. Alarm won't beep when locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Hey all,

i just noticed when I hit the key fob to lock and arm the alarm on my 2016 Tahoe, it doesn't beep and my interior lights stay on. I checked all the doors and trunk. They all appear to be closed fully. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide....

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look in the owners manual for the interior light dimmer switch. The switch should be near the headlamp switch.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
I would look in the owners manual for the interior light dimmer switch. The switch should be near the headlamp switch.
Nah, I'm just an idiot. I must have accidentally popped the glass hatch instead of the trunk yesterday. Opened and closed every door multiple times last night but didn't realize the glass hatch was open until I started it this morning and saw the warnings message.

Thanks for the reply.

Of course now though I just noticed that the engine fan is coming on and staying on for a while after the I turn the engine off. Its always something....

markni12301

Reaction score
Nah, I'm just an idiot. I must have accidentally popped the glass hatch instead of the trunk yesterday. Opened and closed every door multiple times last night but didn't realize the glass hatch was open until I started it this morning and saw the warnings message.

Thanks for the reply.

Of course now though I just noticed that the engine fan is coming on and staying on for a while after the I turn the engine off. Its always something....
Hey, I resemble that comment! Lol
Anyway, there's another post just recently on your fan issue possibly

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Hey, I resemble that comment! Lol
Anyway, there's another post just recently on your fan issue possibly
Ha ha. We all have our moments. LOL

Thanks for the other thread. As luck would have it, I'm having beers with my buddy who owns a Corvette/GM Performance Shop on Friday so hopefully he can take a quick look at it.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

i just noticed when I hit the key fob to lock and arm the alarm on my 2016 Tahoe, it doesn't beep and my interior lights stay on. I checked all the doors and trunk. They all appear to be closed fully. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide....
Just a thought… I always lock my truck with the FOB twice. The first locks the truck. The second beeps only if all the doors and windows are completely closed. If it doesn’t beep I go back and start checking doors and windows and yes…even the back hatch. And yes, that’s from experience…more than once! Aloha!!

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Just a thought… I always lock my truck with the FOB twice. The first locks the truck. The second beeps only if all the doors and windows are completely closed. If it doesn’t beep I go back and start checking doors and windows and yes…even the back hatch. And yes, that’s from experience…more than once! Aloha!!
That's exactly what I do too. When it didn't beep I started checking all the doors. Didn't notice the glass hatch was popped (must have hit the wrong button on the FOB) until I went to start it and saw the warning message. Felt like a big dumbass (especially after posting the thread).... LOL

Aloha to you as well! I lived in the Waikele area and Waikiki a long time ago. Miss it every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts