Interior Lights Dont Come On Automatically

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual says "if it is dark enough outside, the interior lamps will come on and stay on for 20 seconds or until the ignition is turned on."
Mine do not. I can turn the over ride switch all the way clockwise and they all come on, but this feature as explained above, doesn't work.
They don't come on when the RKE unlocks the doors or when you open the doors.
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20221014-200257_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

OP
OP
02Z71Raven

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SWAG Not sure what your headlight switch looks like but is the Dome Off button in the position to keep them off? Exercise the override button (in and out) to see if the contacts are dirty.
I've tried the the dome over ride button in both the in and out position. No difference. Anywhere along the full turn, no difference. Just past the full turn where it clicks, lights all come on and stay on and won't go out. If the vehicle is off long enough they time out, but they all stay on while I'm driving so that doesn't work either.

OP
OP
02Z71Raven

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it make sense to just replace the switch?
Anybody got a pn?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We'd need to know more details about what you're driving. Maybe put it in your signature so it's always there.

Last edited:

ronaldyukon2013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi every one, first timer. I have no interior lights, check fuse was ok, changed light control switch thought bad contact internal contacts. Still no lights. Anyone have a suggestion. 2013 Yukon. Also, right front blinker will not flash (good blub and wiring / socket ok) and now the OBD througs code P1682 " differantal in electrical voltage starter circuit) I beleive unrelated. Thanks to all for any input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17