Intellilink Screen Flicker - 1 min after startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
Dealer just called today. They are ordering an entire new radio/screen unit. They wont have it in until Monday and it will take about a week to install. Hopefully third time is it. Disappointed that 45 days into ownership i'm dealing with these issues.

I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with just as many electrical components and features that has never been in for service. I can even upgrade the Uconnect radio software on my own by downloading updates from their website.

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine goes in Wednesday at 2pm. The screen flicker doesn't really bother me, it usually happens before I even put it in drive. Not having my weather really bothers me though and no one can explain it. The SirusXM regional rep is even involved and going to the dealership when I take the car in as well. He tested 3 or 4 other Yukons yesterday and today and all those worked fine. My worked as well for about 3 weeks.

2015i Yukon SLT 5.3L
- Open Road (Nav & Rear Entertainment), Marimoto HID Upgrade, 24" Lexani Luxury Wheels, Pirelli Scorpion 305/35/24, WeatherTech Digital Fit, HMI (Video in Motion & Cell Mirroring) Upgrade

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
My radio/screen replacement has not resolved the issue. GMC is escalating....

I did find this interesting Corvette Service Bulletin
90d1388699758-problems-center-lcd-screen-photo-36-.jpg

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. I can deal with it and I just installed my unlocked HMI module and love it!!!!

2015i Yukon SLT 5.3L
- Open Road (Nav & Rear Entertainment), Marimoto HID Upgrade, 24" Lexani Luxury Wheels, Pirelli Scorpion 305/35/24, WeatherTech Digital Fit, HMI (Video in Motion & Cell Mirroring) Upgrade, vLED Fogs/Plate/Backups/AirRaid Jr.... Looking to do more!

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but related, my neighborhood had a community garage sale few weeks ago and I met met my neighbor who happens to work for Chevrolet Corporate, his title "After Purchase Customer Satisfaction". He handles escalated warranty issues for a group of Chevrolet and GMC dealers in my area. I sent him the last two months service history on my Denali including the outstanding Screen Flicker/Bounce/Roll issue.

He has escalated it with the dealer and we are waiting a response from GMC. I have sent them multiple videos of the problem and am told we are waiting for someone at GM to travel here to troubleshoot the issue further.

The flicker/bounce/roll issue still occurs frequently. Its very random I cannot pinpoint exact conditions that make it occur.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
I just had a long conversation with my service representative and it looks like GMC is getting more reports of this screen flicker issue. They have a service bulletin out on it now. They are telling me the issue will be resolved with a software update but have no ETA.

I also happened to come across this while search the interwebs today:

http://vitalysmobileautodiagnostics...t-started-2015-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

It mentions #PIT5378: Radio Display May Momentarily Flicker When Vehicle Is First Started - (Mar 9, 2015). That is about two weeks after I took mine in to get fixed for this issue.

Does anyone know what this site is or how to actually pull the bullitin?

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
GM told me that engineering is working on a fix but did not have an ETA. They have also stopped dealers from replacing radios attempting to fix the issue. I was working with someone on a trade for another Denali but GM determined that the issue did not warrant this.

Disappointed to say the least as I have test driven a loaner Yukon and a new Denali in the lot that did not experience the issue.

The dealer, out of good will, did send me a check for a month's car payment. My Denali was in the shop for over 3 weeks troubleshooting this issue. Then shortly after that the service bulletin was released.

Doug_L

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but how do you know what version of the software you have and when it is updated? Also, how does it get updated - remotely or do you have to go to the dealer each time?

Thx!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jterry76