Installing new system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently took out my factory bose navigation radio and installed a pioneer in dash. Radio works fine but sounds like crap so I am thinking of upgrading my speakers and 2 10" subs and installing two amps nothing crazy. My question is with this new upgrade will I need to add a second battery even though I will be adding a 5 farad cap. Just want to know what you guys thoughts are on this subject.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not. Although could not hurt to get a new better rated battery.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
get rid of the cap they're about as useful as trying to stop Tony Stewart in the middle of a race, you don't need another battery either, you could just upgrade the one you have to a yellow top or high quality AGM.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, as long as you have a good battery. I have only one Optima Yellow top for my system and my air compressors. I do have a 10 farad cap.

foxracer025

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are worried about it just upgrade the alternator. Forget the battery.

OP
OP
Brooklyn hoe

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok just upgrade my battery and alternator. I will start with the build if I notice any issues I will upgrade to the dual battery. Thanks

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 10" subs and installing
two amps
nothing crazy.

wasted $$ 5 farad cap.

Without knowing your target wattage, my guess is that you will be totally fine your existing electrical set up. I sincerely doubt you'll see any difference spending hard earned $$ on a new battery, alt, big-3, etc.

No for the cap. 5f isn't much... a second battery offers waaaay more capacity and would be money better spent (and still totally not required).

OP
OP
Brooklyn hoe

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so far I like what everyone is saying just so u guys know what my setup is pioneer head unit
jl audio c3-650 speakers front and rear
pioneer 4 channel amp
2 10" infinity kappa subwoofer in a sealed box
earthquake gold series amp for sub

foxracer025

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hook up the system and tune it. Blast it loud and see if your dash gauges or headlights dim. Then you will know if you stock system is good enough. If the lights dim you will need to upgrade.