Installed an Auto Start/Stop Eliminator… works great, buy one!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for those worried about any warranty issue's or problems all this thing is, is a micro-switch that performs the electronic version of you pressing the button, it's not going to harm anything or void anything. same thing that is used to enable a aftermarket dvd deck to play video in motion or many other purposes.
it works by automicatically grounding the button switch so you don't have to reach and do it yourself, simple as that. the vehicle is blind to it.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awhile back I made a list of all 16 buttons, knobs and a lever that I must push, pull, twist or flip every time I get in my vehicle to depart from the house, the stop-start button deactivation being only 1.. my point being that after 5 months now it no longer concerns nor bothers me :thumbsup:

Last edited:

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awhile back I made a list of all 16 buttons, knobs and a lever that I must push, pull, twist or flip every time I get in my vehicle to depart from the house, the stop-start button deactivation being only 1.. my point being that after 5 months now it no longer concerns nor bothers me :thumbsup:
I have two. Start button and Drive. Installing auto/start stop eliminator was a 33.3% reduction in button presses and 100% worth never thinking about that button again.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect most us press more than start and drive buttons ;)

I auto start my truck with 2 presses of fob button, then unlock my door with a press of handle button, then start button, then adjust seat temp (up to 3 presses) or headrest fan (up to 3 presses) and then repeat for passenger if their seatbelt is on. If cool outside then there's heated steering wheel button. I press for heat or AC on, then twist fan speed, then twist to dial in the specific temp, then maybe press button for air and temperature for rear compartment. Then depending on day I press recirculate air button or press to turn off, if foggy I press the defrost button and press the fresh air button. I use high beam while driving on 7 miles of dirt roads during daytime so first lights knob must be twisted full right to manual then flip high beam lever. Then reverse button to back out, then drive button, then press gate opener button to open then again to close. Phew, glad my fingers get good exercise :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect most us press more than start and drive buttons ;)

I auto start my truck with 2 presses of fob button, then unlock my door with a press of handle button, then start button, then adjust seat temp (up to 3 presses) or headrest fan (up to 3 presses) and then repeat for passenger if their seatbelt is on. If cool outside then there's heated steering wheel button. I press for heat or AC on, then twist fan speed, then twist to dial in the specific temp, then depending on day I press recirculate air button or press to turn off, if foggy I press the defrost button and press the fresh air button. I use high beam on 4 miles of dirt roads during day so it's flip lever BUT doesn't work in auto lights mode.. so lights knob must be twisted full right to manual first. Then reverse button to back out, then drive button, then press gate opener button to open then again to close :thumbsup:

So for me, it's maybe over 20 buttons, knobs and levers.. they're an exercise that helps to keep me in shape !!
You can reduce some of those button presses by selecting auto heated wheel, auto heat/cooled seats, auto defrost . the car will kick those features on depending on temp. Putting auto high beams on sets the high beams anytime it doesn't see oncoming traffic.

LEt the vehicle do the work.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High beam in daytime won't function in auto, lights knob must be full-turn right. Yes, when remote starting the seats and headrest and temp automatically do come on.. but then I MUST turn them up or down accordingly. After 10 minutes I get in and have to turn steering wheel heat off. Climate control temp must be adjusted as well. Same goes if I want outside air or circulation of cabin air. Bottom line is 1 setting is not what I use, I generally drive without a shirt so am very picky on temps.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just a lowly peasant with the base model (SLE). No heated/cooled seats, no heated steering wheel. I park in the garage so no remote start. I leave the climate set to AUTO mode 70F all the time. I guess it’s different for everyone, but I’m not joking when I say I touch two buttons and then I’m on my way.

nickf84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This was the very first mod on my 2023 Yukon xl denali ultimate . Best $100 I ever spent.
Saw that you put this on your Denali Ultimate. On the Denali, there seems to be a bit more leather trim on the section near the air vent to get to the 2 screws. I wasn't sure if you just have to brute force it or if there was another way. How did you get to the 2 screws near the air vent? Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224