Inserts for 7-spoke 22" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to order a 2015 Denali XL. I intended on going with the seven spoke wheels with the black inserts. Looking at the issue a little closer, I noticed that I could order the seven spoke wheels with the chrome inserts for $2000 cheaper than the black insert wheels. I read another thread that it is possible to remove the inserts. It seems weird to make the option an extra $2000 just for the black inserts. That is unless I'm reading the MSRP ordering sheet wrong.

Does anyone know if you can buy black inserts to replace the chrome ones?

Or in the alternative, what would be the best method of making the chrome inserts black? Would you have them painted? Or some kind of plasti dip?

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd just use plasti dip unless you wanted them really glossy.

OP
OP
imnohero

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with me salesman and he's saying the factory where they make the 22" wheels is down and none can be gotten (stock) on a new order. He said he may have to try and buy the wheels as an accessory and add them to my order. Anyone else heard this issue?

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I have... that's the same thing my dealer has been saying for months now

OP
OP
imnohero

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have... that's the same thing my dealer has been saying for months now
So if I order a 2015 Denali I can't order it with the 22" wheels? I have to order it with 20" wheels and hope they can find some to ad on to it? It's funny, I never heard any of this until just now. No other dealer I've talked to mentioned it. I guess I can order the cheapest wheels out there and then just buy aftermarket... humm...

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The basic 22" wheels (Which look good) are only $900 extra. Best to get them now than later, which will cost you at least 2x more once you buy the tires also.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine with the cheapest 20" rims available and then swapped to Foose rims. Literally drove the vehicle home and swapped.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 122

SRT8_HMI

Reaction score
OEM wheels look great now and 5 years down the road. Adding aftermarket wheels adds no value to the vehicle. Mine was ordered with the standard 22s and I'm switching to the black inserts as well.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how well the finish will hold up once salt starts getting in between the rim and the insert with no real easy way to get it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123