In the rain, THIS happens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
dude bye bye front tansaxle. get the fluid changed in the front difs and see if it goes away.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im hoping its something minor...maybe the dust shield? Im going to put it back up on the lift and put it in drive and get under it to see where the noise is coming from...2moro!...till then, Im not driving anywhere else!

by the way, I parked in the car wash on post...the drying bays with the overhead cover and lights to see how well it sits...one finger width driver side, one thumb width passenger side on even surface...

I hit the gas and made a sharp right onto the main road....the back end bounced up and flew around...like a power slide...but ended up being more like a power glide! :D

lol...I dont like that too much though

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
hope you have a couple grand laying around to replace the front end...sounds like you've driven it too far with the front slipping and now it's ground down the splines.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
tell me why the axles wouldnt fit through the spindles...is it supposed to be like that?

I was laying in bed thinking it the the front axles grinding on the spindle... :(

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

NEVERMIND!!!! EVERYTHING IS GOOD!!!!! It WAS just the dust pad...it was bent against the rotor...I went into the parking lot and checked....and yea, it has the rub marks on the dust shield...then I drove it...I have NO sounds anymore!! :D

I AM riding ON the front bump stops...with only a spindle drop and loosened torsions...

I have NOT installed the keys yet...It's going to tuck tires if I install keys and cut bump stops

the rear...my fist gets stuck between fender and top of tire...new pics coming in a minute or two

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
tell me why the axles wouldnt fit through the spindles...is it supposed to be like that?

I was laying in bed thinking it the the front axles grinding on the spindle... :(

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

NEVERMIND!!!! EVERYTHING IS GOOD!!!!! It WAS just the dust pad...it was bent against the rotor...I went into the parking lot and checked....and yea, it has the rub marks on the dust shield...then I drove it...I have NO sounds anymore!! :D

I AM riding ON the front bump stops...with only a spindle drop and loosened torsions...

I have NOT installed the keys yet...It's going to tuck tires if I install keys and cut bump stops

the rear...my fist gets stuck between fender and top of tire...new pics coming in a minute or two

schew...glad it was not what i suspected. sorry if i came off like an ass, but i'd hate to see yo udestroy your front end, BUT the slipping issue is likely still there...just no slick pavement to prove it. you'd be best to put some crank back in the torsion bars for now, but not a great deal. how does your front angles look? pic of angles?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You have the ****** awd tcase that is based off abs tone ring input that alters the torque bias. AWD on your truck is nothing like a subaru/evo/etc, it's a truck don't drive it like a car lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019