In the market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much deliberation, and the guy selling the Yukon being a little too proud of the truck (and a little disingenuous about rust) we settled on the Escalade.
View attachment 210591 The Dadillac will be here soon...

Ps @HiHoeSilver I guess you’re gonna have to upgrade soon! ;)

About two months now, how you liking it?

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
About two months now, how you liking it?

I keep meaning to make an actual post about it, but time continues to get away from me.

I love everything about the truck. It’s a 3 ton hot rod, and it gets hard to keep your foot out of it sometimes. It also is just rumbly enough that people constantly want to “race” it. (So far beat a 2018 mustang GT, and supercharged Durango, I ignore the ratrod hondas)

Someone clipped the front of it he first week I owned it, causing some deep gashes and “spiderwebbing” the paint on the front right corner. It’s also been a target for at least 2 people’s door as they get out, with the worst of those on the passenger side. I have progressively parked farther and farther away almost everywhere.

Changed out the intake and was actually shocked at the size of the “muffler” on the stock tube (the part under the beauty cover), put on AirAid mit, and put my old K&N oiled filter from the Tahoe on it. Makes noticeable difference in feel, and noise. Have plugs and wires to go on it as soon as I have an afternoon, hopefully that will get engine running back at top specs.

Debating on flush and fill of coolant and trans fluid, car is at 110k, but wanted to defer to those with experience on that.

Overall, the thing rides better than anything I’ve ever driven. It’s comfortable and responsive, and drives smaller than its size, while also feeling enormously larger than the NBS Tahoe. My ONLY complaints are lack of telescoping steering wheel (being 6’5” is a pain) and the dated radio unit. I wish AppleCarPlay was an easier upgrade, but I don’t really want to pull the stock unit out just for that convenience.

Reaction score
Doubt the mustang was a gt, or a driver who didn't know what he was doing... Lol.

460hp and almost half the weight of the 403hp Esky

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Doubt the mustang was a gt, or a driver who didn't know what he was doing... Lol.

460hp and almost half the weight of the 403hp Esky

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

It was a GT, its not hard to tell the difference.

obviously the driver was a moron, but the road was also wet-ish, and we were headed downhill. I didn't ask to race him, he tried for three red-lights. I also let off at 65.

now if we had lined up on an official quarter, with real lights, and more consistent conditions / surface, yes. I would not expect to beat him. But that night, he was embarrassed, and that's enough for me, haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9