In the forth day of a Christmas my Tahoe gave to me… P0333

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the way home I got a check engine light.

I’m about to cook dinner but wanted to get the conversation started about the right fix for this problem.

Code is P0333, is that the correct knock sensor in the picture? Does it just need to be replaced?
IMG_7930.jpeg
IMG_7932.jpeg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the way home I got a check engine light.

I’m about to cook dinner but wanted to get the conversation started about the right fix for this problem.

Code is P0333, is that the correct knock sensor in the picture? Does it just need to be replaced?
View attachment 415680
View attachment 415681
Give it a few days and get a fresh tank of premium gas. Hundred bucks says it will go away on its own.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Geotrash I was running E85 for a while but I switched back to 91 because of some road trips, I'm about halfway through the second tank of 91 and I will go back to E85 and see if that fixes the problem.

Is it safe to drive?

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added 11 gallons of E85 this morning and not much change by the end of the day, there was still a check engine light and it was running poorly so I got a new bank 2 knock sensor at orileys and installed it and cleared the codes. Will update by the end of the week.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an update as promised:

I have had no problems since I replaced the knock sensor, no check engine light and the tahoe is not running rough. I am not sure if it was just bad gas or a bad knock sensor but I held onto the old sensor just in case.

Keep on driving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork