Image Dynamics ID8 Subwoofer Fits In The Factory Box, Sounds Wonderful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else on the face of the planet with a Tahoe/Suburban, my factory subwoofer was toast. Did some research and went with this Image Dynamics ID8 for $90 (purchased from a small business). It fits in there like it was made for it (no cutting required) and sounds great with the 230 watts it's getting (which is more than it's supposed to get, but the gain is down and it's getting a clean signal so hopefully it lasts). I ran a new wire through the factory grommet that the factory wire goes through the box in.

Didn't take but one picture of the rear door, but I also installed Image Dynamics speakers all around (with strategic sound deadening, mostly in the front doors, and foam rings) with a Helix Match MA40FX powering the front components (installed in factory location) and the subwoofer. Rear door speakers run off of my Pioneer headunit. Overall sounds really good - the highs are a little bit harsh but I've ironed that out mostly. Everything still needs to break in some. Good little budget system.

IMG_0664.jpg

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
by his sig... his is an '02

if by your sig, yours is a '15... its under the center console

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout