**I'm 10 hours from home. Help me diagnose this!!!**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys. I'm visiting my sick uncle in El Paso, TX, from Dallas,TX. It was about peak of 80 degrees outside. I Was driving around for about an hour and I went to pick up my aunt from work. I waited a little over 30 mins waiting for her. I was idling for that time and had the AC on. I went to drive to the highway ( 5 miles) and I turned and press the accelerator about 85% (20mph) to the floor as there was an 18 wheeler close. It hesitated and the motor acted like it was going to turn off and it did. I pulled over and turned the key and it wouldn't start. It turned for a second or two and it died. It seemed like if it needed gas but I have 3/4 tank. I kept trying and trying. After 5 minutes it turned on. It was driving fine under normal driving conditions with no AC on. I they attempted to do a WOT and the motor and transmission engaged but it didn't really put me back on my seat like it always does. I went faster but not like it always has. Once I got to Autozone it turned on and off like if nothing happened. Just the WOT deal. I went to my uncles house and let it cool down. I took a spark plug out but no wears of oil or gas. This truck is always at normal temperature conditions at all times (205 degrees I think). I took a drive a little ago and it put you back in your seat and sounds healthy. Can anyone please share any experiences like this or let me know what I need to check for or possibilities. I really need your guys help. I'm leaving tomorrow and don't want to be stuck in the road.

Thanks.

Antonio

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365821647.317120.jpg

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the engine temp was fine I dont see how sitting can be what caused this. I am not saying I am right, but I do not feel the two are correlated. Hopefully someone can chime in to help with more information.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda sounds like what happened with my wifes 04 hoe, but she run the tank DRY like a stoopid. It runs fine, but has some hesitation at startup on occasion .How is your volts? hers will drop to like 9, when it occurs, putting it into reverse. Sorry I dont have more info.

And my wife does leave hers running for long periods of time as well.

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
Check plugs. Sounds like maybe dirty fuel or fouled plugs. You can try leaving it in park and going WOT to see if it will burn the gunk off your plugs. Assuming it could be bad plugs.

OP
OP
PwtrSS_OakCliff

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check plugs. Sounds like maybe dirty fuel or fouled plugs. You can try leaving it in park and going WOT to see if it will burn the gunk off your plugs. Assuming it could be bad plugs.

I already Checked plugs and they all look fine. I have an almost new alternator. Charges good. Don't think that's a problem.

I'm in Downtown El Paso.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave