Illuminated cup holders Tahoe (How-to)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Chris and Scott. Ill look into it more in a minute. Can u guys look at the led footwell thread. I need some help with a spdt switch. Its posted in there the problem.

I'd just rip all the crap out and call it a day!!! Ha ha ha!! J/K!!

As for this thread, the more I hear others doing this makes me really wanna give it a try!! Why not add another project to the list!! ha ha ha!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lmao. Came close. If you guys weren't here with all these cool projects I'd be good. Lol. But I love all them and must do them.

sethsperlik

Reaction score
Illuminated cup holders

I took a trip to Radioshack yesterday and bought three leds and some 470 ohm resistors. They only had three so I did with what they had.

BA935DF8-9156-47FB-8648-7659E1CC6026-1828-000002B304D3FE51_zpsb9ef043b.jpg

I put two leds in the little pocket behind the cup holders and one between the cup holders themselves. I made sure to scuff up the leds with a nail file before putting them in. After I connected all of the wires together, I used the ground from my inverter I have under the console. My positive wire is a brown wire from the top left of the rear seat audio plug that is right under the console. Now the lights come on whenever the gauges are lit up.

3DF7411A-9476-45A2-9F1C-30FAC82E3D7A-1828-000002B30BE20D2E_zps2cc05fc6.jpg

After that I took a sharpie and drew little hoods on the leds so they don't shine up. I put multiple "coats" of sharpie on by waiting for it to dry every time and then drawing in the same spot to make it darker. You really cannot go by the pictures as they do not show the soft glow it gives off. They are bright enough to show whats in the cup holder when its dark out, but dim enough as to not bother you while driving down the road at night. It makes it look really luxurious for a 13 y/o vehicle.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Denali already has lights in the cup holders, but they are very dim. I should be able to just remove what is there and put in some LED's to brighten it up a little bit, or maybe some blue one's

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Another mod i will be doing soon:D has anyone put an LED inside the center console since you're basically running wire for the LED bulbs in the cupholders a foot away? i will most likely mount the center console LED light on a small single point level switch

LS-3 Series Level Switch | Liquid Level Float Switches – Gems™ Sensors & Controls
I did. Also lighted rear cup holders. Lighted dash cubby . Did it all at once too. All with housing that hold 194 bulbs.

Lighted cup holders next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork