If you didnt have a Yukon/Suburban/Escalade, what would be your next choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wanted to get the Hummer 3V. It’s just so freaking wide and I am in hospital parking garage’s all the time and it would have been a nightmare trying to park it.
The GMC Hummer EVs are wide!

Having driven a few 21+ T1XX GM SUVs for extended periods of time (3 month rental) they’re also noticeably wider than the GMT900 and K2XX SUVs.

BacDoc

Reaction score
I would never own an Mopar product. They are holding down the hot rod department but our light duty side is always replacing cams and lifters in the chargers.

The Ford products are ok until they break. Unless you have put timing chains, actuators, timing sprockets, etc in one of those it may change your mind if you work on your owns stuff. My wife likes the Expeditions but I told her I'm not working on it. I see too many problems with the TT V6 and we keeps vehicles a long time. Ford's QA has gone down hill in the last few years. Almost every one of our fleet vehicles have had problems when delivered or not long after.

We both like the Sequoia but I know nothing about the Powertrains. We saw a Sandstone and it was decked out. Zero room behind the 3rd row.

A coworker use to work at Nissan and even he said he would rather have a Toyota lol.

I know I sound a little bias but I look down the road when purchasing something. We have 5 vehicles and only one is not a chevy.
This is exactly what I found out too! The rear cargo area is comprised and Toyota quality is definitely not what it used to be. The older Sequoias and Landcruisers were great examples of Toyota quality and definitely worth the price.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wanted to get the Hummer 3V. It’s just so freaking wide and I am in hospital parking garage’s all the time and it would have been a nightmare trying to park it.
I also factored that into my decision, because I also work in a hospital... But outside of that, there's public parking to deal with when trying to park anywhere. I guess you can kind of get away with using charging spots if they're wide enough, but most of those are average-sized parking spaces.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lexus LX600, the 2022 Expedition one of our sales folks drives, as well as everyone I know who has an Expedition, all have had their transmissions replaced at once, one of them is on their 3rd tranny. I realize they all have issues, but transmissions seem to be the weak spot.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The GMC Hummer EVs are wide!

Having driven a few 21+ T1XX GM SUVs for extended periods of time (3 month rental) they’re also noticeably wider than the GMT900 and K2XX SUVs.
they look tall and skinny to me. I have not driven one but from outside appearance they look too tall and thin which increases rollover risk
testing shows the same as previous generations but sure doesn't look like it

Runfor5

Reaction score
Looked heavily into a Subaru Ascent back when they were offering 0% APR but didn't do it. I still sort of like em. To me the space behind 3rd row was just as useless as our Yukon so it's comparable in that sense haha

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite a discussion...... ( my spell check gave me a good option word.... "concussion" ;)
When I lived in Southern California ( 15 years ago).... I had fun, working for a friend that had a profitable business " Your Car - Our Driver"..... We drove client's nice cars/SUV's, instead of them riding in a smelly 'black' sedan..... I drove about every sort of nice vehicle.....
After driving a Range Rover for an evening,,,,, Later I drove a Ford Flex..... I gotta tell ya... that Ford Flex was VERY nice..... Maybe ( if that Ford is still nice).....
If I didn't need a full-size SUV, I'd consider the Flex......

We have Infiniti QX 50... ( our second Infiniti)..... They have been perfect.....
I wonder about the QX 80... but I wish it had an 'XL' version...

But.. my '05 Yukon XL has been perfect.... I'll never sell it.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulgeyer

Latest posts