Identify this gushing hose (redux)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

y0diggity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I posted this on the tahoeforum and Sepiroth is pretty sure it's the pressure hose. I'm going to go down today and get one, but I figured until then, maybe someone has had this problem and knows for sure. Not that I doubt him or anything, I just figured I have some time, so why not try here as well. :) :)
Here's the picture. Maybe not the greatest, but I took it on my phone and edited it so I can show you which one is leaking. Nice to be able to do all that from the driveway! What will they think of next??? (maybe a PS hose that doesn't leak?)

tahoe1.jpg

And then here's one with the leaking areas marked (roughly) with X's.

tahoe2.jpg

OP
OP
Y

y0diggity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool. 14$ at Advance Auto parts. The thing is seriously spewing fluid all over the engine compartment. I had my son get in and crank the wheel so I could check. It was shooting everywhere. Bummer. :(

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that hose goes out on all the OBS eventually. I replaced mine last year. You did get some power steering fluid while you were at the store too right? If not, hope you have some at home.

OP
OP
Y

y0diggity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yep, I got some fluid. Hopefully I'll install the hose tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck