I read a post On AFM delete the obd Range will will void wareenty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on this someone mention afm delete by Range leave track in system here the post I read

According to a friend, who is the lead truck shop mechanic at my local dealership, any device that you plug in will leave "Tracks" and if it alters any function, will show that the engine is operating "Out Of Parameters".

If you had a problem and take it to the dealer, it will show on their diagnostics and this could void your warranty.

I did not want to take that chance so sold the one I had and will not use any programmer on my 2018 Tahoe.

BTW, you may be able to purchase the Borla muffler and have it installed into your existing exhaust system a whole lot less expensive than a new Borla or Corsa. I have the Corsa Sport Cat Back on my 2018 Tahoe LS and it is a little loud, but i like it.

Happy New Year,

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chances of that happening: slim to none.
cylinder deactivation is a tool used to meet epa requirements, I would say it's highly unlikely there would ever be any problem that could be attributed to the range device and you may very well be avoiding one by using it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd