I only drive rural country roads, will RE-GEN function a-okay ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving a 6.2, ya, it's not going to feel quite as "Responsive" on the throttle. But once you get used to it, you'll find it's a pretty strong low-end performer.
Not to mention you are using 30+% less fuel+ premium.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the 6.2L yesterday to town and back and then on some back roads in order to try to get a feel for the Duramax comparison and I noticed that on the paved roads I don't hear the transmission shifting in the 6.2L , rather it just goes. The road/cabin noise is a little louder in the 6.2L than the Duramax cabin so could attribute to a smidgeon of me hearing the transmission shift.

BTW, I never listen to radio, or any devices.. only occasionally the phone. I'm very attuned to my vehicle sounds and noises.

Miles are 1,350 on the 6.2 and lifetime 16-mpg while the Duramax is just under 500 miles and lifetime is 24-mpg so about 1/3 more or less depending how looking at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC