I need help guys.2017 z71 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josep1988

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchase a 2017 z71 tahoe midnight addition I love my truck but.I have been having rougth idle problem ever seen I when over 30.000 miles dealer is not helping and GM keeps telling me a senior advisor will call me in 3 day im still waiting for the call back my truck now is at 43.000 miles. And the rougth idle is still there .is any one having the same problems please shared.

UFBeef

Reaction score
Does it do it only when your in drive? Like at a stop light?

UFBeef

Reaction score
And in park it's fine?

If so, about every Tahoe with the 5.3 I've driven does that. I did plugs and wires on my wifes and it helped a bunch. Numerous posts about the issue. Its aggravating if its the same issue, but dont think it's an issue. My buddy brought his brand new Tahoe to the deal 3 times for it, they finally told him it was normal, confirmed by driving two more new Tahoe's. My buddies 15 1500 PU does it also.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any dash lights on? If it’s AFM you’ll notice it when stopped. Look in your owners manual to see what it says. If it feels like a new problem that’s different. The dealer should have told you right away if that’s what you’re feeling though. The ones I’ve driven feel like you’re holding a fishing pole and something is nibbling at your bait. Kind of a bump bump then it goes away when you take off

OP
OP
J

Josep1988

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are there any dash lights on? If it’s AFM you’ll notice it when stopped. Look in your owners manual to see what it says. If it feels like a new problem that’s different. The dealer should have told you right away if that’s what you’re feeling though. The ones I’ve driven feel like you’re holding a fishing pole and something is nibbling at your bait. Kind of a bump bump then it goes away when you take off
And in park it's fine?

If so, about every Tahoe with the 5.3 I've driven does that. I did plugs and wires on my wifes and it helped a bunch. Numerous posts about the issue. Its aggravating if its the same issue, but dont think it's an issue. My buddy brought his brand new Tahoe to the deal 3 times for it, they finally told him it was normal, confirmed by dr
And in park it's fine?

If so, about every Tahoe with the 5.3 I've driven does that. I did plugs and wires on my wifes and it helped a bunch. Numerous posts about the issue. Its aggravating if its the same issue, but dont think it's an issue. My buddy brought his brand new Tahoe to the deal 3 times for it, they finally told him it was normal, confirmed by driving two more new Tahoe's. My buddies 15 1500 PU does it also.
In park is fine .the second time I tuck it in the dealer i had 15000 miles they change one spark plug on cylinder 5 bud they had no answers in regard to how or y that plug burn out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts